mbmbmbmbmb
My default subscription for GeekList management is:

Geeklist
Geeklist Item: Yes
Comment: No

Geeklist Item
Geeklist Item: Yes
Comment: Yes

The intention is that if I subscribe to a GL, I just get notified when the header is edited (I assume) or (more importantly) an Item is Added. However, if I subscribe to a GL Item, I will see updates to the item itself and when comments are added.

The subscriptions appear to work, but I'm not entirely sure because when I click on the subscription notification for a GL Item, it jumps to the GL, but there's no item highlighted (I have comments hidden by default - is that a global default these days?). A bunch of the comments show "X previous comments", but I don't have subscriptions to those GL Items. No GL Item has a red border.

So what's going on? How do I tell which of my GL Items has triggered the subscription when I'm on the GL page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He sweetened his game with aspartame and an overgrown sign pointed the way to
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
On the subscriptions screen there's one column for "New Item", which should take you to what triggered the subscription, and one column for "Subscription", showing which subscribed entity or entities caused the trigger (e.g. "Thread: Bob Eats A Copy Of Twixt"). Are you by any chance clicking on the list link in that column on the right instead of the New Item link on the left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huw
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm missing lots of posts as they are not flagging up for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.