Subject: War Party Tokens - 4 Player Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael R

Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 4 player game, are the Trogg war party tokens seeded on the board the same as a 2-3 player game? Maybe I'm blind but I've seen nothing indicating you don't. We used them last night and the Trogg player destroyed us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

The very back of the rules call out changes for 4p.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
Yes.

That's what I thought. It just seemed unbalanced as the Trogg player was putting units out all over the place as we entered the regions with the tokens. Does anything offset the unit advantage the Trogg player gets from this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
McBamf wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
Yes.

That's what I thought. It just seemed unbalanced as the Trogg player was putting units out all over the place as we entered the regions with the tokens. Does anything offset the unit advantage the Trogg player gets from this?

He gets half points from crystals and has to deal with being in like a million fights every turn, for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
McBamf wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
Yes.

Yes. I've written strategy guides for all four factions posted in this forum.

Please don't write off the balance after a single play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
McBamf wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
Yes.

Not at all Grant. Just for clarification: the tokens activate when any unit enters the region, correct? Not just the troggs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
McBamf wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
McBamf wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
Yes.

Not at all Grant. Just for clarification: the tokens activate when any unit enters the region, correct? Not just the troggs?

Yup. If a Human/Machine/Pilgrim moves in, it triggers a battle. if a Trog moves in, they can command them immediately. Basically ambush or pied piper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
McBamf wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
McBamf wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
Yes.

Yup. If a Human/Machine/Pilgrim moves in, it triggers a battle. if a Trog moves in, they can command them immediately. Basically ambush or pied piper.

Got it, thanks. Really do appreciate the game, just working through the noob stuff. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
McBamf wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
McBamf wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
McBamf wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
Yes.

Got it, thanks. Really do appreciate the game, just working through the noob stuff. Thanks!

No worries. We're here to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.