The Grizzled» Forums » General

Subject: Storage solutions for Grizzled and at your orders? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Has anyone come across a storage solution for the grizzled and at your orders that combines them into one box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just put them in one box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't have the expansion yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't all fit in the same box. My base game box is less than half full. Just deconstruct the standees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You could make that into an insert if you wanted. Or find some little container like I did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Looking at the images, I guess my problem is I sleeved my cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I dunno... everything fits into the original box without any inserts. I just separate the solo components in a separate hobby-sized ziplock bag. And I keep the Support tokens in a smaller separate bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I sleeved my cards and managed to get everything from the base game and expansion to fit. It is tight and I need to do it just right, but I get them in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo da
msg tools
With sleeved cards, you can just barely fit everything into a single box. For me, all the components fit in the box but the lid doesn't go down all the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hunh, I haven't sleeved but I have a ton of room left. Everything is in ziplock baggies which are then fitted in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
This post confuses me. All of my cards are sleeved and I had absolutely no problems getting the base and expansion to fit into the expansion box. The lid easily closes the whole way. There's still enough room to spare that I could fit another deck of missions and another stack of support tokens in there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo da
msg tools
DrCrow wrote:
This post confuses me. All of my cards are sleeved and I had absolutely no problems getting the base and expansion to fit into the expansion box. The lid easily closes the whole way. There's still enough room to spare that I could fit another deck of missions and another stack of support tokens in there!

Different sleeves? I'm using ultra pro sleeves with the original game box. I have the trials deck and the missions deck side by side in the box but one deck is at a slight angle (one deck is flat in box, other tilted). They are standard sleeves though so there's probably around 3 millimeters of extra sleeve space on the sides of each card. The mission deck comes up to around halfway up the box in height and the trials deck comes up just over 75%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Manrique
Mexico
Mexico
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got mine sleeved using Mayday's standard sleeves and they both fit (base + expansion) in the same box. Standees are not assembled and tokens are in a small zip bag.

I'm thinking of building a small tuck box (http://tuckbox.ferociousweb.com) to separate cards and I'm pretty sure that won't take much box space either.

If you want to go for a more custom approach, try this thread: [thread=https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23966352][/thread]. I'm pretty sure the OP has a picture of a Grizzled box. Will post a link to it when I find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Festian wrote:

Different sleeves? I'm using ultra pro sleeves with the original game box. I have the trials deck and the missions deck side by side in the box but one deck is at a slight angle (one deck is flat in box, other tilted). They are standard sleeves though so there's probably around 3 millimeters of extra sleeve space on the sides of each card. The mission deck comes up to around halfway up the box in height and the trials deck comes up just over 75%.

I'm storing mine in the expansion box, but I thought they were the same size??

I have each deck in a small plastic bag and I use standard Mayday sleeves (not the thick premium ones); including the thickness of the bags, my trials deck is just under half box height and my mission deck is just over a 3rd box height. Even if I used Mayday's premium sleeves, I could still fit the game in the box. With both decks stacked side-by-side in their own bags, there is still a quarter inch gap between the stacks in the box.

The Mayday sleeves are about 2mm wider than the cards (1mm each side), so if the sleeves are taking up 8mm more width, then I guess that would be a pretty tight fit.

My recommended storage solution: Get better fitting sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
DrCrow wrote:
The Mayday sleeves are about 2mm wider than the cards (1mm each side), so if the sleeves are taking up 8mm more width, then I guess that would be a pretty tight fit.

My recommended storage solution: Get better fitting sleeves.

I used Mayday MDG-7044 57.5 x 89 and width-wise they're perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo da
msg tools
Yea, Mayday's standard size is like a milimetre smaller than Ultra Pro. I Bought my sleeves in bulk though for all my games and they fit tight on my Evolution Climate cards. Grizzled just happens to have sliiightly smaller than normal cards.

Heard there were some quality issues with Mayday sleeves but I'll look into getting them next time I buy sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Festian wrote:
Heard there were some quality issues with Mayday sleeves but I'll look into getting them next time I buy sleeves.
Width-wise they're fairly consistent. But the length can vary between packs, eg within 10 packs there's about a 2mm difference between the shortest and the longest. I buy my sleeves in bulk, and now the first thing I do is take a sleeve out of each pack and measure its length and make a note of it. That way I can allocate them to games as appropriate so that a game wouldn't have different length sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
oldskoolsi wrote:
Has anyone come across a storage solution for the grizzled and at your orders that combines them into one box?

Please ignore this post. I must have been drunk when I wrote it or incredibly stupid. I have now fitted base game and expansion both sleeved in the main box no problems. Sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Felder
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No, it was a good question. There are plenty of inserts out there if you want to shop for them. I personally don't like the "throw it all into the box" look. I will be getting this soon enough.

https://www.meeplerealty.com/product/grizzled-camp/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

And that insert holds both the core game and expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.