Popular Tags: [View All]
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prove it!

Fairly often on BGG you'll read laments that dice hate someone. "No, really, I never rolled higher than a 3 all night" or, "They kept rolling 6s." Which always sound like selective memory to me. Snooping around I found an app for Android which will roll your dice and keep the history of your results. You may find out that dice don't hate you after all. Or, if they do, at least you can prove it.

Dice Bag for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.droidhut.d...

I'm sure someone knows of something similar for Apple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to keep living thinking it is the dice and not me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SoundCity wrote:
I just want to keep living thinking it is the dice and not me!

It's always the dice.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mat628 wrote:
Prove it!

Fairly often on BGG you'll read laments that dice hate someone. "No, really, I never rolled higher than a 3 all night" or, "They kept rolling 6s." Which always sound like selective memory to me.
Possibly, but given that dice are random and millions of people play games that involve rolling dice, it's not that unusual that some people are going to have strings of bad luck. It would be weirder if that never happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
Mat628 wrote:
Prove it!

Fairly often on BGG you'll read laments that dice hate someone. "No, really, I never rolled higher than a 3 all night" or, "They kept rolling 6s." Which always sound like selective memory to me.
Possibly, but given that dice are random and millions of people play games that involve rolling dice, it's not that unusual that some people are going to have strings of bad luck. It would be weirder if that never happened.

Then this gives them a way to substantiate their claims.

It's also possible that what you're saying doesn't disagree with what I said. Even if you needed to make it sound like it did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sant
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
see? 1d4 + 1d6 + 1d8 + 1d10 + 1d12 + 1d20 + 1d100 = (3) + (1) + (8) + (10) + (4) + (10) + (36) = 72

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1034304. dsant
  • 1d4 + 1d6 + 1d8 + 1d10 + 1d12 + 1d20 + 1d100 =
  • (3) + (1) + (8) + (10) + (4) + (10) + (36) =
  • see?
  • Sat Feb 4, 2017 10:08 pm
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.