Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Laughlin
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi BGG Family.

I know we're (really) late to the party, but we just opened up FireFly: The Game this weekend to play for the first time. In going through the cards, we noticed that we don't appear to have "Zoe" crew card, which I've seen mentioned and noted as part of the basic game in some posts. Can anyone please tell me in what deck she should be? It will be disappointing if we happened to get a version of the game that omitted her.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She's in the Silverhold Deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Jetwash ship expansion also has a Leader version of Zoe, if you want to use her as a captain. If someone is using her as a Leader, you're supposed to remove her other card from the Silverhold deck before starting the game ... presumably to avoid a spacetime paradox that would collapse the whole gorram 'verse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
If Zoe the Leader is in play, we also remove the Zoe BDH Promo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we are kind of lazy with Zoe, if Leader Zoe is in play, instead of searching, we just redraw if she comes up at Silverhold or on the Wanted deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
demonllama wrote:
we are kind of lazy with Zoe, if Leader Zoe is in play, instead of searching, we just redraw if she comes up at Silverhold or on the Wanted deck.

^ this. So much of a pain to go fish her out and put her back every time. We do that same thing with piracy missions if we aren't playing with the piracy rules. Just redraw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
2manygamez wrote:
Hi BGG Family.

I know we're (really) late to the party, but we just opened up FireFly: The Game this weekend to play for the first time. In going through the cards, we noticed that we don't appear to have "Zoe" crew card, which I've seen mentioned and noted as part of the basic game in some posts. Can anyone please tell me in what deck she should be? It will be disappointing if we happened to get a version of the game that omitted her.

Thanks!

Each Supply Deck should have 25 Cards in it. If Zoe really is missing, you likely either got a double, or got shorted.

If you need a list of specific cards, there are multiple options in the Files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
2manygamez wrote:
Hi BGG Family.

Thanks!

Each Supply Deck should have 25 Cards in it. If Zoe really is missing, you likely either got a double, or got shorted.

If you need a list of specific cards, there are multiple options in the Files section.
Good point. When I opened my copy of the base game it had 2 Bonnie May Ship cards and no Bonanza Ship card! So I still had the right number of ship cards! GF9 sent me missing Ship card without any problems and didn't want the duplicate back even though I offered to send it to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Laughlin
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks everybody. The short answer is that Zoe was found! I don't know how, as the decks were literally moments out of the shrink wrap, but she ended up under the table in a particularly hidden spot. Must have been on the initial shuffle.

She missed the first game, however the next ones contained her. With that mystery solved, we can report that we loved the game in two player. Very well balanced -- both games ended with players within one or two turns of each other to succeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2manygamez wrote:
Hey, thanks everybody. The short answer is that Zoe was found! I don't know how, as the decks were literally moments out of the shrink wrap, but she ended up under the table in a particularly hidden spot. Must have been on the initial shuffle.

So your Zoe came out of the box Disgruntled & jumped ship immediately? Gotta wonder what went on in there while it was on the shelf... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Laughlin
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Exactly! I had to give her leave and up her cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
So your Zoe came out of the box Disgruntled & jumped ship immediately? Gotta wonder what went on in there while it was on the shelf... whistle

Wash regrew his moustache
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:

NICE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
claudermilk wrote:

"Just… something 'bout him bothers me."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter J Burke
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
2manygamez wrote:

She was “in her bunk” whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.