Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
playing this solo and had a quick question on The Tunnels Below agenda 2b card. the ghoul that i draw will spawn in my location ready and engaged, assuming no special spawning rule on the card, correct? also, the action on this card is separate from the normal mythos phase where i draw another encounter card, correct? this is pretty nasty if so..as i have to deal with a ravenous ghoul in the attic and a priest in the hallway huntingme..and whatever nastiness i draw from the encounter deck this turn. ouch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds about right. Yes, it is nasty and the best way to avoid it, is the get to Act 3 as fast as possible. We generally are able to finish before getting to Agenda 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah,would have advanced sooner but drew Rolands weakness at the worst time and had to discard all my stockpiled resources right before i was about to use dynamite to take out a nasty ghoul. guess i want be hording resources in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
Those pesky weaknesses always turn up at the worst possible times, don't they? The best laid plans of mice and men and all that.

If you're playing with one core set, you pretty much have to go with the flow, but if you have 2 cores, I'd suggest building for what's coming. You know the Ghoul Priest will turn up, and you either need to deal with him or resign. In my opinion Dynamite Blast is not the best way. A gun and perhaps a Guard Dog will do wonders. Best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the feedback..this was my first game so still trying to get a feel for it.. i'll mainly be playing this solo, so 1core will prob be what i stick with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i do have another question.. not sure if this is legal. playing a solo game and Roland was in the Attic and Lita was in the Parlor, her starting location.. can i use the parley action to test Lore to take control of Lita even though we are not in the same location? i played that way and realized that probably isnt correct. does roland have to move to the parlor to use the parley action on lita's card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to be in the same location as Lita to perform the Parley action on her card.

Thematically parley is talking to the person. That's hard to do if you are in the attic and she is in the parlor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoilers for the Resolutions of Scenario One

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You do not need to Parley Lita in order to add her to your deck after the Scenario is done, although for Roland the price might be too high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also thought I'd point out, Act 2 can only be advanced by Investigators in the Hallway. If you're soloing Roland, it would be odd for him to be in the Attic with the Priest and Lita out (unless you REALLY want that location victory point).

If you turned in your clues from there, you broke the rule for Act 2, and the game is simply getting its revenge on you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, i screwed up the scenario pretty bad.. knocked it down and restarted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.