Subject: Protestant forst key without rebellion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Albin Menant
France
Paris
flag msg tools
Hi all,

As I anderstand in the rules the protestant can only have a capital if he gets his first key by a revolt...

Is it really how it is?
So if I succeeded to convince the Spanish to give me amsterdam on the first turn (against much) it will never be my capital before I revolt in netherlands? It's a big fail for this game! :D and I'm not sure to get it...

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin B.
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why I tend to give the Prots La Rochelle for an alliance and no reformation in France when I play France: He doesn´t have a capital and will not get the extra unit in winter; plus I have peace on that "border".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Nestor
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Albin,

What you say is incorrect.

The Protestant may place his capital marker in a given religious struggle area (France or the Netherlands) after a successful rebellion in the SAME RELIGIOUS STRUGGLE AREA.

The conditions for placement are as follows:

1. The capital marker is available (i.e. not on the turn track).
2. The chosen space is a fortified Protestant home space (either a key or another space with a fortification) in the same religious struggle area.
3. The chosen space is under Protestant political control.

Note the chosen space does not need to be a key, nor is it required to be the rebellion target space nor even a space whose political control was gained in the same rebellion. The chosen space need not even be under Protestant religious influence.

So in your example, if you gain Amsterdam via diplomacy, Amsterdam can become the Dutch Protestant capital after any successful Protestant rebellion in the Netherlands in ANY FUTURE IMPULSE (even on a subsequent turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.