Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in early December, I preordered Star Wars: Destiny (one Kylo and one Rey pack) and Gloomhaven. A few days ago, I received an email from MM stating that one of my preorders released, however would not ship because it either contained additional preorders or was placed using their Customer Hold feature. My order status changed from awaiting preorder release to On Hold- Office. What does this status mean? I did not use the Customer Hold feature, so I know this can't be the issue.

Star Wars: Destiny was released some time ago. Since I placed my order, MM has had Destiny in and out of stock several times. I know that Gloomhaven has been shipped to retailers, but I'm not sure when the release date is. Destiny is currently out of stock, however shouldn't they save back my items when I placed the order?

What is actually holding up this shipment? And what the heck does the status On Hold - Office mean? Any help is appreciated. I have sent MM an email, but have not received a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
DakotaDevil wrote:
[...]Destiny is currently out of stock, however shouldn't they save back my items when I placed the order? [...]

From a recent thread... (Relevant portion bolded)

MentatYP wrote:
AllaboutJack wrote:
If miniature market allows you to add to the pre-order box, we will probably move over to them. It just doesn't make sense for CSI to not allow it. It honestly makes the fact that you have to wait for the pre-order and all the other games in your order a bit more bearable.

Actually it makes complete sense. The best daily deals are either loss leaders or very small profit items. Allowing people to stack multiple daily deals over time into a single order hurts the seller. CH and MM both allow it, which kudos to them, but I can't say I blame CSI for their policy.

Note that you can still stack sale items that are not daily deals, for instance any of the items they have in their Groundhog Day sale combined with held items from their Christmas sales if you already have a held order, etc.

And be aware that MM have their own issues with regards to held orders due to preorders. Basically it seems they don't pull items until all items are in, so if you ordered a hot item that is out of stock when the preorder comes in, they might ship your order without that hot item and if you're lucky you'll get an email telling you the package is coming without that item. I don't know how that's even possible with the right checks in place, but it happened to me and I've read numerous reports of it happening to others.

All of that to say pick your poison. No retailer is perfect and all of them serve a purpose. I buy from all 3 of CSI, CH, and MM based on sales, availability, etc., keeping in mind their different policies, strengths and weaknesses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet mm knows
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you should receive a response on Monday, as the office closes early on Saturday and is closed all day on Sunday. You will have better luck calling them during their normal business hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never, EVER, had any issues with MM orders which I add things to on orders with PreOrder items (and I do it A LOT).

Of course, every time I read about people having problems with their orders here on the Geek it sends a wave of paranoia through me...

I have no idea what your particular message means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
volnon wrote:
Of course, every time I read about people having problems with their orders here on the Geek it sends a wave of paranoia through me...

And it should. If you ever put an order on hold with items that may go out of stock permanently or until a reprint happens, those types of items are at risk of not being available when you want the order to ship. This has now happened to me twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that when a held order with a preorder is able to be completed, it goes from "awaiting release" to "oh hold," at which point you simply email them to ship it. Someone more experienced, confirm/deny?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miniature Market
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Miniature Market - Online Gaming Superstore - Miniaturemarket.com
badge
Miniature Market - Online Gaming Superstore - Miniaturemarket.com
mbmbmb
Jason,

We apologize for any confusion on your order. Your order is currently still awaiting the release of Gloomhaven and will ship upon its release. Your copies of the Star Wars Destiny Starters have been processed and reserved for you. Due to allocation issues with Star Wars Destiny at this time orders that have been processed with these items but have not yet shipped either due to another preorder or being a Customer Hold have been processed with extra care to ensure that the products are available for shipment. Again, we apologize for the confusion that the On Hold - Office status caused but it is simple a temporary status as your order awaits the release of the final preorder.

Christina
Customer Service Manager
Miniature Market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miniaturemarket wrote:
Jason,

We apologize for any confusion on your order. Your order is currently still awaiting the release of Gloomhaven and will ship upon its release. Your copies of the Star Wars Destiny Starters have been processed and reserved for you. Due to allocation issues with Star Wars Destiny at this time orders that have been processed with these items but have not yet shipped either due to another preorder or being a Customer Hold have been processed with extra care to ensure that the products are available for shipment. Again, we apologize for the confusion that the On Hold - Office status caused but it is simple a temporary status as your order awaits the release of the final preorder.

Christina
Customer Service Manager
Miniature Market

Thank you so much for your response, Christina! I'm happy to hear that everything is on track with my order. After I saw the change in status, I looked through the MM FAQ but did not find an explanation to what the "On Hold - Office" status was. I just wanted to make sure that if there was a problem with the order, that I would be able to get it resolved without losing any of my preorder items. Thank you for putting my mind at ease and thank you to Miniature Market for their quick response and excellent customer service. I look forward to future orders with you and everyone else at Miniature Market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
MM has forgotten to include some games I paid for from their hold order policy. TO their credit they sent them later or offered a refund. No idea why this happens but now I know (sort of).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.