Tortuga 1667» Forums » General

Subject: UK London Group Pledge... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Swainsbury
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,

6 months ago I set up a group pledge for Santorini (London group buy 3). As I speak ive already sent out the postal ones and meeting some people in-person, to 20 other backers. With the blessing of the creators here, I am setting up a group-buy pledge of TORTUGA 1667, with the hope of banding together a team of scallywags and pirates to make this happen.

I am doing this to help get a great game funded, as I backed Salem previously and the quality of components was spectacular and an awesome game, and this game will do better with more SGs hit, if I band together a group of people for this new KS, Tortuga 1667.

https://www.kickstarter.com/…/tortuga-1667-a-pirate-game-of…

So long as I have a minimum of 10 people, I am happy to front the cost of the 20 copy pledge, with money paid to me for each copy after the campaign ends. (2 copies max per person). Its $23 plus $8 postage for one copy ($31), or $250 plus $30 postage for 20 copies = $14, plus shipping & packaging of about £5.50 with MyHermes. Postage money will be paid as soon as I have them in-hand and ready to send.

I must add that if there is any unexpected shipping/import duties, I will have to split them, but I am not expecting there to be any.

There is a possibility of meeting up in London to hand these over to save on postage, if you work around Old Street, or have Old Street/London Bridge/Liverpool Street en-route to work.

Please not that this is the sole group of 20 at this price as I inspired the new 10 copy backer level, so this is a rare group! I have been told I cannot go beyond 20, so it really is firsy come first serve!

If you are interested, please PM me, or comment below, and let me know if you want one or two copies. Any questions, please feel free to message me.

Regards

Sebastian (aka Arakin on Kickstarter)

1: Sebastian - GA gaming group, London
2: Caroline - GA gaming group, London
3: George - GA gaming group, London
4: Tyler - GA gaming group, London
5: Sean - GA gaming group, London
6: James - GA gaming group, London
7: Ryan Lolley - London
8: Matthew J Williams
9: James Charlick
10: Ben Ratcliffe
11: Guy - Plan Bee BGG - London
12: Jason Brown - Brownout - BGG London
13: Nathan B - DrNate86 - BGG SE
14: Kurt Amery - Kurtamery929 - BGG
15: Milan Shah - DipakSomak - BGG
16: James - Dastardly Muttley - BGG
17: Paul Taylor - prtaylor - BGG S-London
18: Marcus Round - marcusround - BGG London Old St
19: Sean Partington - henrysquire BGG
20: Yvonne - Ronnie 4 - BGG

THIS GROUP IS NOW FULL. I already know I am not allowed to go beyond 20 as this is a one-off. If you would like to be part of a group buy, please pledge for x10 copies on the KS campaign and then post on BGG like I have saying area, etc and post as group 2, group 3 etc.

I have filled the last 10 places in under a week, so with the last 48 hours, you will have no problems at all filling it! Good luck!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaz
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seb, As requested I am adding a comment to confirm my interest in one copy of the game. Thanks for your time in organising this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for organising this Sebastian. I'm in for a copy.

Paul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Round
Australia
flag msg tools
I'm in! Thanks so much for putting this together!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
# 15 is my Lucky Number and confirmed.

Sebastian, thanks for doing this. Depending on delivery dates, I might either be pickup in city or post. either way, it's great to be part of this group buy.

Milan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Partington
msg tools
Any space? If so then count me in please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Swainsbury
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
henrysquire wrote:

Hi Sean, yes your in. Only one space left now after you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Swainsbury
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Arakin_UK wrote:
henrysquire wrote:

Hi Sean, yes your in. Only one space left now after you.

All gone now, thanks to a friend of mine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Round
Australia
flag msg tools
So how is it going to work? Have you ordered already and when do we give you the money?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Swainsbury
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
marcusround wrote:
So how is it going to work? Have you ordered already and when do we give you the money?

I have pledged the full $280, so once I pay, I will see how much it 'actually' cost me with exchange rates etc. I will then divide it between the group and ask for payment by Paypal 'as a friend'. I will gather everyones email addresses and send an email around for this. I will then create a spreadsheet and as soon as they all arrive, I will work out the cost of postage and packaging and ask people for the second payment, keeping that as small as possible for everyone.

For Santoring, it was £5.30, but it might even come out at less as this is smaller.

Do feel free to PM me with your email address, as thats the first thing I need to gather.

Sebastian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yvonne
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm I am in,not sure if this is how to reply
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Track Ness
msg tools
James from GA, I'm in too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for organising this Seb. Definitely still in. Tyler GA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Swainsbury
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sorry for not finalising everything everyone. I have the pledge manager to do this week to confirm final costs.

Just been buying a house this past week so everything's a bit mental! Fear not, Ill get on top of this by the end of the week hopefully

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Seb,

Just had a look at the KS page and it looks like the pirates are about to land. Hopefully you still have a game reserved for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Any updates on this, Seb?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Swainsbury
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi all,

As I know you are eagerly awaiting news, the shipment just arrived today. I need a free evening to send out the mailer to the group for address /pick-up, postage costs etc, but just wanted to let you know. Ive got a busy few days at work, but hoping to send email out Thurs evening, with postage on Sat for super fast payees.

Im now working very near to London Bridge, as my office just moved over the weekend, so if you want pick-up, then the station there is best.

Kind regards

Sebastian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope Arakin doesnt mind me posting this here, but I have been part of his last 2 group buys and I am trying to arrange one of my own for the current Kickstarter campaign for: Detective: City of Angels https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vanrydergames/detective...

Details here https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27188878#27188878

Would be great to have some of you onboard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arakin_UK wrote:
Hi all,

As I know you are eagerly awaiting news, the shipment just arrived today. I need a free evening to send out the mailer to the group for address /pick-up, postage costs etc, but just wanted to let you know. Ive got a busy few days at work, but hoping to send email out Thurs evening, with postage on Sat for super fast payees.

Im now working very near to London Bridge, as my office just moved over the weekend, so if you want pick-up, then the station there is best.

Kind regards

Sebastian

I have now received my item. thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Arakin, I wondered if you are organising a group pledge for their new game, Deadwood?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/travishancock/deadwood-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.