Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few questions on the "put all your eggs in one Hitler-killing basket" card that the game is named for. Image below for information.

1) Can you give multiple "Number/Bonus Action" dice to each conspirator, or just one? I don't see any limit on the card, except for a possible reading of the singular "die" which follows a plural "dice".

I never would have read the card and assumed "one die to each guy" but Philip, the designer, replied:
pdubarry wrote:
I believe you are correct.

to a question in this thread that included
Grudunza wrote:
...does that mean all 8-10 dice (i.e., as many as are not on the dissent track)? And then each player who participates can only get 1 of the action dice? I assume it's meant to be one big powerful action (befitting the title card), but of course, also dangerous...
(Emphasis added.)

This is the only reference I can find in the FAQ/forums to this 1-die limit, but would mean I've played very wrong a few times. Also, being able to give only 1 die to each conspirator would make this card a lot less useful in 1-2 player games.

2) Can you give dice to yourself? I assume Yes, since the card could clearly say "other Conspirators", but really clarifying for Question #3.

3) If Yes to #2, do you take those bonus actions now on the current turn, or on your next turn? (literally following the text on the card leads me to assume my next turn, but makes this unlike a normal Conspire where I get extra actions this turn.)

4) If a conspirator receives dice from this process but ends up jailed before his next turn, does he:
A) forfeit those extra actions, since you take no Actions while Jailed
B) save the dice for his next non-Jailed turn
C) get to perform bonus actions from Jail (added to the normal 0 Actions he would take?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - You can give multiple dice to players.
2 - You can give dice to yourself, but following the card, I don't use them until my NEXT turn.
3 - See #2
4 - I play that you forfeit those dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the previous confusion. Jack is right. You can distribute the dice any way you wish. If you go to prison, you don't get any actions, regardless of any dice you have.

I do think perhaps the current player might be able to use the actions immediately, but having them all be "next turn" might be cleaner. We'll have to think on that . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that not being able to use them until the next turn encourages the player rolling to distribute them to the other players, especially if that player is at risk of going to jail before being able to use them when their next turn rolls around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pdubarry wrote:
I do think perhaps the current player might be able to use the actions immediately, but having them all be "next turn" might be cleaner. We'll have to think on that . . .

I interpreted the card the same way Aaron did during the GameNight! playthrough, and the way Jack is saying. I feel hard-pressed to try and interpret it any other way, so if you're still taking input on the new rules, that's my vote, as a 1st edition owner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought of another question while reading this thread:

Do the dice, with numbers on them, that are distributed to conspirators count as "committed dice"? For example, if the next player takes his turn and there are only two dice that were not distributed as a result of the "All In" card, do they only have two dice to use if they want to do the Conspire Action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.