Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott

Chesapeake
Virginia
msg tools
mb
Do wounds and poisons stack?

Meaning if you take one wound in one round and another in another round do you have two wounds and double the wound effect or just one? Also the same question for poisons?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harrison
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
No. Any given figure can't have more than one instance of a specific condition, positive or negative; this is explained in the section of the rules on conditions.

Piggybacking off this, what stage does the extra damage from poison belong under when an attack is performed? There's attacker bonuses, then modifier deck, and then defensive bonuses. I'd assume it's a negative condition under defensive bonuses, but I'm not sure. Or is it just a flat 1 damage regardless of how much damage the attack does otherwise?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeeWrinkle wrote:
Do wounds and poisons stack?

Meaning if you take one wound in one round and another in another round do you have two wounds and double the wound effect or just one? Also the same question for poisons?

Thanks

It's in the conditions section of the Rulebook - pg22:
Only one of each condition type may be applied to any single figure at a
time.

Also, the rulebook is in the file section in a PDF so you can search for terms. Full resolution version here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Ey1i9Jh1WVXzd4X0pCaGFSTVE...

Makes finding stuff easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coblackmagus wrote:
No. Any given figure can't have more than one instance of a specific condition, positive or negative; this is explained in the section of the rules on conditions.

Piggybacking off this, what stage does the extra damage from poison belong under when an attack is performed? There's attacker bonuses, then modifier deck, and then defensive bonuses. I'd assume it's a negative condition under defensive bonuses, but I'm not sure. Or is it just a flat 1 damage regardless of how much damage the attack does otherwise?

Poison happens before the attack modifiers (rulebook page 20, 1st bullet)

Some of these things are hard to track down. It also doesn't help that "modifier" is reused throughout the book - sometimes for Attack Modifier Cards and for other stuff like poison.

It is why I created this:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/142767/rules-summary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.