Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may have an opportunity to trade some of my games for a 1st edition version of TLC and am very tempted.

If the only difference is the "collar" around the chips is it worth doing or should I wait until I can purchase the 2nd edition?

I have Hoplomachus: Origins so I already have some 2nd edition styled chips so I'm curious if it will make a difference to me. I know it will if I am mixing sets together but is it really a game changer since there are so many?

Thanks for your suggestions / opinions!

-Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ritz
United States
Kelseyville
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only real difference that I can tell would be the dice iconography on the stickers. In the first edition, they were smaller and somewhat difficult to distinguish between black and blue dice. A simple trick around this is to look at the H's printed on the dice on the sticker, rather than using the colors of the dice themselves.

Honestly, I don't find this to be a problem, but I will say the new larger images are a definite improvement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koinsky
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I own the 3 "Hoplo" 2d edition and don't mix much the sets together. There is enough game in each separately for my taste.
However, I've also got some chips from the first edition and the difference is noticeable between both editions. If you wish to acquire one of the add-on later (such as Hoplomachus: Beast & Master), it might be an inconvenience...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks of the input so far. I'm waiting to see if the person with the game his a 1st or 2nd edition.

I definitely would prefer 2nd edition to match what I already have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.