Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody.

The trade is now up and live.

A few notes:

We will be more vigilant about condition and language this time around.

I have two volunteers:

Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and
Universal Serial Bus
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
USB Certified
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Who will be watching the list and commenting on any game that is missing information.

ANY GAME THAT HAS NOT ENTERED THE INFO WHEN THE LIST CLOSES DOWN WILL HAVE A BLANK WANTLIST SUBMITTED FOR THAT ITEM.

The time and location are still being finalized. As soon as I hear back, I will update this post.

The trade will take place on February 25th, at the Randolph pub, 2041 St. Denis. The time has not be 100% finalized, but it should be from 10:30 - 11:30.

Montreal No-Ship Math Trade 23
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hétu
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Quelle date aura lieu les échanges et a quel endroit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manshoun wrote:
Quelle date aura lieu les échanges et a quel endroit

OP wrote:
The time and location are still being finalized. As soon as I hear back, I will update this post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Levesque
Canada
Verdun
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find the Math trade listed on OLWLG, not listed on active MTs or active no-ship MTs for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masterdo wrote:
I can't find the Math trade listed on OLWLG, not listed on active MTs or active no-ship MTs for me.

It doesn't happen immediately, give it at least 24 hours since the start of the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if people would be interested in having another Virtual Flea Market following the math trade and leftover trade. The meetup would be the same as the one for the math trade.

Let me know what you think. Thumbs up this post if you are interested. If there is enough interest, I'll do it.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, you can check out the details of the previous VFM here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Brodeur
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carnage994 wrote:
Just wondering if people would be interested in having another Virtual Flea Market following the math trade and leftover trade. The meetup would be the same as the one for the math trade.

Let me know what you think. Thumbs up this post if you are interested. If there is enough interest, I'll do it.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, you can check out the details of the previous VFM here.

I missed it last time, it sounds like a great idea. I hope you'll do it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no problem with the items being listed in French, however, it would be cool if they would stick to parallels to the keywords in English for condition.

Quote:
New in shrink: a game that is STILL in its original shrink wrap

Like new: A game that has been played a few times, no missing components, no creased cards, original instructions included, GAME INSERT IS INCLUDED. You would give this game away as a gift.

Very good: A used game. MAy be some wear on the box or components, but game is still perfectly playable. All components accounted for.

Player's copy: wear, missing component, replaced component, game is still playable

A lot of people have been writing excellente in French, but excellent is not one of the keywords so I am not sure what they mean. The parallels seem to me to be:

Neuf

Comme neuf

Très bon

Copie de joueur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed the comment about the condition. I'll go back and update my entries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
To see with eyes...
badge
... unclouded by hate
mbmbmbmbmb
Would also love a Flea market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hétu
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Ok How long for get the date, i'm going on a trio soon, and I need to know if I can post my items

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manshoun wrote:
Ok How long for get the date, i'm going on a trio soon, and I need to know if I can post my items

You can always post your items and then, if the trade date is incompatible with your itinerary, simply post blank want lists for them. Posting the items doesn't commit you to posting a want list for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan West
Canada
Montreal (West Island)
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Will the date be provided before the final submission of wants is due (i.e. before Feb 13th)? I also have some upcoming stuff I need to plan around and I would still love to participate, but I would not want to spend time listing all my items only to find out that I'd need to submit a want-list without having a trade date set yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just waiting on the Randolph to confirm with me.

I emailed Societe V, but they haven't gotten back to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i really hope its not the weekend that starts the ( semaine de relache )
alot of peaple go on trips on that first weekend of vacation

so i hope its not the 2-3-4-5 march

cross fingers !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Matos
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I would like to propose that the trade occur on a SUNDAY. My son has many activities on the Saturday and I would have to pull him out of his (very expensive) violin lessons if it is held on a Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon is not good either because he has his Bronze Cross training which he can`t miss if he is to pass...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
To see with eyes...
badge
... unclouded by hate
mbmbmbmbmb
Paraxis wrote:
Hi, I would like to propose that the trade occur on a SUNDAY. My son has many activities on the Saturday and I would have to pull him out of his (very expensive) violin lessons if it is held on a Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon is not good either because he has his Bronze Cross training which he can`t miss if he is to pass...

I don't think it's up to us. If it was, I personally would much prefer a saturday morning or an evening during the week. But I doubt it would be possible to really accomodate people's schedule unless we could vote on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Brodeur
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tetragrammaton wrote:
Paraxis wrote:

I don't think it's up to us. If it was, I personally would much prefer a saturday morning or an evening during the week. But I doubt it would be possible to really accomodate people's schedule unless we could vote on it.

oh shoot, not knowing the exact day (but kinda expecting a weekend in particular), I moved my trip to Toronto on sunday morning (to make it on time for the Markham Mathtrade).

I hope Montreal's mathtrade won't be the same day as the Markham one. Well, I'm not going there JUST for the mathtrade. We'll visit a friend who lives in Toronto too.

Anyways, I guess we'll have to live with whatever will be chosen. Knowing it has always been a saturday in the past, I kind of expect it to remain the same..

I like the voting idea though.. If the organizer comes with more than 1 possible day, maybe a poll would be a good idea. It would give a fair chance to everyone to give their preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
To see with eyes...
badge
... unclouded by hate
mbmbmbmbmb
Volt26 wrote:
I like the voting idea though.. If the organizer comes with more than 1 possible day, maybe a poll would be a good idea. It would give a fair chance to everyone to give their preference.

If I was in willythesnitch's shoes, I would certainly hope that organizing all this would give me the privilege of choosing a day that fits my own schedule. I'm personnaly very comfortable in accomodating my schedule to whatever day the organizer chooses.

But if he had several days to offer, I'm not sure a vote would be a great idea. Would the ones who have a lot of stuff in the trade have more votes than the one who have just a few items? Cause it would be kinda unfair to know that someone who only has 1 trade to do changed the date for someone who has 25, since the one with only 1 trade could have easily just asked someone else to take care of his trade. Anyway, just my two cents. I would prefer that it doesn't change and that the organizer decide.

If there was a vote, I would choose a weekday evening, if not a saturday morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Brodeur
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tetragrammaton wrote:

If I was in willythesnitch's shoes, I would certainly hope that organizing all this would give me the privilege of choosing a day that fits my own schedule. I'm personnaly very comfortable in accomodating my schedule to whatever day the organizer chooses.

I totally agree.

Tetragrammaton wrote:

But if he had several days to offer, I'm not sure a vote would be a great idea. Would the ones who have a lot of stuff in the trade have more votes than the one who have just a few items? Cause it would be kinda unfair to know that someone who only has 1 trade to do changed the date for someone who has 25, since the one with only 1 trade could have easily just asked someone else to take care of his trade. Anyway, just my two cents. I would prefer that it doesn't change and that the organizer decide.

If there was a vote, I would choose a weekday evening, if not a saturday morning.

Yeah well, it would be overcomplicated to have votes.. So yeah, let's stick to #1 and have willythesnitch decide. It has never been a problem in the past anyways!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure there are enough traders here that would gladly "mule" your games to the MT for you if you can't make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I am just waiting on the final 100% percent confirmation, but I will say that I am 99.9% sure that it will be on

Saturday, February 25th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might have an exam in the morning, so depending on the time, I could probably be late. But I have very few things to trade, so I am not likely to hold a large group of people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Marentette
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Time of trade? Later in the morning would be better (i.e. 11:00 to noon).

Also, much prefer Randolph to last trade place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.