Saint Petersburg» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cards in Hand rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabrio Secco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the BSW and the PC version you can see how many cards in hand a player has. But you can't see what TYPE of cards he has (green, blue, orange, raibow).
So, I wonder if you can ask a player just how many card in hand he has. If a player keeps his "cards in hand" in sight (as happens in my group), any player could also see the type of the cards..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the rules officially mention knowing the type of cards (in office, can't check), but it seems logical that you can see what type they are. If not, then you would have to hide the cards, not just hold them in hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
In the wild west card players hiding their cards got shot instantly. - I think.

Those were the good times
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alain David
France
Voisins le Bx
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our games, you know the number of cards and no more. Just use your memory to know more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I am old, but I would never think that you could hide your cards by default in any game. Card backs are designed with the knowledge that they will be fully viewable. If the game required the type of card to be hidden, they would have made all of the card backs the same (for example: Amun-Re).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabrio Secco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Card backs are designed with the knowledge that they will be fully viewable. If the game required the type of card to be hidden, they would have made all of the card backs the same (for example: Amun-Re).

I agree with you, so I think that the BSW and PC implementation is wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.