Costas Taliadoros
Cyprus
Nicosia
Strovolos
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi,

Could someone please clarify how this card works exactly? I mean the process of the success check when using the card.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Deckert
United States
Salina
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's the way I understand the card.
It's optional once you buy it.
When doing a Raid (or something that calls for a Success Check), decide if you want to use the card.
If so, roll a die
1-2 discard the card and continue with Step 1 of Success Check
3-4 Treat as 1 success drawn (so you would be able to put a ravaged counter down regardless of physically drawing a success counter, AND you get a horse or captive, BUT a physical success counter is not put in the row for the Mahimiana (therefore during Planning, the medicine will not be affected for him)). Continue with drawing counters based on Band strength and Mahimiana bonus counters.
5-6 just like 3-4 with the added benefit of returning a random Enemy AP counter to the draw cup. (It does not specify if this is from previously drawn counters that are already in the Available Enemy AP box, or from the ones you will draw during this success draw)
But this may give you a head start. The "no Medicine impact" threw me for a while until I thought through it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesdeckert wrote:
When doing a Raid (or something that calls for a Success Check), decide if you want to use the card.
If so, roll a die
3-4 Treat as 1 success drawn (so you would be able to put a ravaged counter down regardless of physically drawing a success counter, AND you get a horse or captive, BUT a physical success counter is not put in the row for the Mahimiana (therefore during Planning, the medicine will not be affected for him)). Continue with drawing counters based on Band strength and Mahimiana bonus counters.
5-6 just like 3-4 with the added benefit of returning a random Enemy AP counter to the draw cup. (It does not specify if this is from previously drawn counters that are already in the Available Enemy AP box, or from the ones you will draw during this success draw)
But this may give you a head start. The "no Medicine impact" threw me for a while until I thought through it.

I play it this way too, other than if 5-6, I only return a random Enemy AP counter from those (possibly) drawn during the Success Check (not those from the Available Enemy AP box, though I agree it is not explicit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
The language seems pretty clear to me. Since everything on the card relates to a specific success check, and in fact a specific step during that success check, the phrase "return one random APs counter drawn" is presumably about the counters you are drawing during that success check. It never even occurred to me that it might be referencing counters that are already in play. If that was the case, I'm assuming the card would be more specific. Furthermore, there's no precedent for manipulating the APs counters after a success check has been resolved.

-Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
westwardhough wrote:
jamesdeckert wrote:
If so, roll a die

I play it this way too, other than if 5-6, I only return a random Enemy AP counter from those (possibly) drawn during the Success Check (not those from the Available Enemy AP box, though I agree it is not explicit).

On a 5-6 result, you return 1 random Enemy APs counter that was drawn during that Success Check.

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas Taliadoros
Cyprus
Nicosia
Strovolos
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you for the explanations/clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.