Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played for the first time today. WOW this game is cool! We used Cragheart, Mindthief and Tinkerer (me) and we won our first game (pretty handily actually, thanks to my well-placed prox ... never mind.)

But I realized that the idea I had will not work. I want to have a rotating party of all six 6 characters, so from adventure to adventure we can put in whomever happens to be there (of our friends) or whomever we think will work best. We don't mind playing each other's characters. Sounds great in theory.

The "problem" is that there are only 4 starting modifier decks in the game. It's not impossible to do, since the sheets on those we are not using AND using would show which perks they have added, but I'd rather not have to keep altering decks between sessions if it could be avoided.

Isaac, might there be an option later on to purchase additional modifier decks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Baker
Canada
Taber
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just use the pnp files and print out the cards and then sleeve them. That would be an easy solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid $21 to get some as-close-as-possible(but using low-quality images that will really stand out) cards printed. But it was $21 for just the one deck. Not an ideal method.

But if you go that route you can sub it in as the monster's modifier-deck and use their mod-deck as a player-deck and just need one more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jyhne
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you could find someone that knows for sure they will only play with three players and are willing to sell or lent you an extra deck? Or maybe we could talk Isaac into producing extra decks and sell them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Just buy a pack of sleeves and put bits of cut up blank business cards in them.
Note this deck can grow or shrink over the campaign. I had one that was 27 cards at one point,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbr├ąten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definately buy an official 2-pack of modifier decks as we'll play two parties of three characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Alexandre
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Just buy a pack of sleeves and put bits of cut up blank business cards in them.
Note this deck can grow or shrink over the campaign. I had one that was 27 cards at one point,

But what you add or remove is in the character boxes no? No need to print anything besides the 20 base cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
There are ways to add bless and curse cards to your deck, and also some generic -1's

This is not really a spoiler because it is in the rulebook. donate to the church and you get 2 bless cards. wear hide armour and you get some -1's. And if something curses you, you add in those cards, etc.

So yeah, there are a whole bunch of other cards that might get added in depending on situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you can write on one side of the blank cards what they are supposed to do, like +1, +0, Fire, etc.
Or you can print out the initial 20 cards at about the same thickness as the original cards and then add the blank card and the modifier card inside the sleeves, so that you have a blank back and don't see the difference of the printing, like with opaque sleeves, but I don't think there exist opaque sleeves in mini EU size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this idea of using other people characters, I thought our group of 6 would just get assigned a character for the entire duration but it might be cool to swap them all around each session and keep them all leveling up around the same rate. hhmmmm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rnickster86 wrote:
I really like this idea of using other people characters, I thought our group of 6 would just get assigned a character for the entire duration but it might be cool to swap them all around each session and keep them all leveling up around the same rate. hhmmmm.

Yeah, there might be some slight disagreement over equipment and perk choices that would have to be overcome, but the main thing is the cards anyway, and the player chooses those before each scenario. Pretty simple, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no plans to sell individual attack modifier decks. All I can do is point you to the print file for extra decks: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/141840/extra-attack-modif...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Johnson
United States
North Charleston
SOUTH CAROLINA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rnickster86 wrote:

The only issue I had with playing other people's characters is that you would know what their secret goals are. I'm sure you could probably figure it out pretty quickly, but I like the idea of having a personal goal be just that. I'd considered playing my wife's character when she doesn't feel like playing, but I plan to just run a different one and auto-level her if the opportunity presents itself later on when she wants to play. I'm not sure how important this "secrecy" is though, so I may go back to just playing hers depending on my thoughts after a few plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kamphaus
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AmnNate wrote:
The only issue I had with playing other people's characters is that you would know what their secret goals are. I'm sure you could probably figure it out pretty quickly, but I like the idea of having a personal goal be just that. I'd considered playing my wife's character when she doesn't feel like playing, but I plan to just run a different one and auto-level her if the opportunity presents itself later on when she wants to play. I'm not sure how important this "secrecy" is though, so I may go back to just playing hers depending on my thoughts after a few plays.

Personal goals aren't kept secret, unless you want to play that way, only battle goals are secret.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.