Hide
10 Posts

Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deadly aura rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
d g
msg tools
there are cards in coop mode to make the heroes life harder (Evil Cards) one of them once shows up got us into a discussion (deadly aura)

"If any Hero ends this turn in the same room as another Hero, each Hero in that room takes 2 Wounds." same text from card

question is:
lets say hero A is alone but B+C+D are in the same room.
Current hero A draws Deadly aura and ends his turn in a room alone but B,C,D are in the same room. Do B,C,D take dmg from Deadly aura or only the current hero has to be alone?

thoughts on our discussion were:
-only A has to be alone cause is the current hero so Evil card effects are on he , also card says 'end his turn' so the only player that can end his turn is the current one

-since cards says ANY , B,C,D take dmg cause they are in the same room at the end of turn hero A

can anyone help here? thanks
edit : typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
ANY is the key word so yes they would take damage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This hasn't come up for us yet as I've only played 2 player co-op so far. But I would probably rule that since the card says "If any Hero ends this turn...", and only the active hero can end this turn, the implication is the card would apply to only the active hero and the room he ends in. I believe the card is intended to be a nuisance, or disrupter (based on the general levity of the game), and not intended to be a nuclear game breaker which could well happen if a number of players have the misfortune of being in a room together with no defense when the card is randomly drawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
This hasn't come up for us yet as I've only played 2 player co-op so far. But I would probably rule that since the card says "If any Hero ends this turn...", and only the active hero can end this turn, the implication is the card would apply to only the active hero and the room he ends in. I believe the card is intended to be a nuisance, or disrupter (based on the general levity of the game), and not intended to be a nuclear game breaker which could well happen if a number of players have the misfortune of being in a room together with no defense when the card is randomly drawn.

I would agree with you if it said when "This" hero ends the turn in the same room as another. The simple fact that it says "ANY" would make it so that it effects everyone. The best way to look at rules is always using simple yes/no math logic like computer programming since that is usually how they are designed in the first place.

At the end of the turn, is there a hero in the same room with another? If yes, then take damage. If no, then continue to the next players turn.

As you mentioned, only the active player can "end the turn", but after they do it, it is the end of the turn for everyone, so anything that would happen at the end of the turn takes place for all players, not just the active one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
And the card say's this turn not his turn so it would imply that it does not apply only to the active player but everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
Carcking wrote:

I would agree with you if it said when "This" hero ends the turn in the same room as another. The simple fact that it says "ANY" would make it so that it effects everyone. The best way to look at rules is always using simple yes/no math logic like computer programming since that is usually how they are designed in the first place.

At the end of the turn, is there a hero in the same room with another? If yes, then take damage. If no, then continue to the next players turn.

As you mentioned, only the active player can "end the turn", but after they do it, it is the end of the turn for everyone, so anything that would happen at the end of the turn takes place for all players, not just the active one.

Sure, and that's all fine and logical. I'm just saying that it's silly to end the game because two or more heroes got caught by that card and got killed, off-turn when they could do nothing agout it. If that is truly the intent I'll house-rule away from it every time. Such a nuclear card doesn't fit with the general spirit of the game IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Tracy
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have basically cost the active hero their entire turn, but would using teleport/swap cards have been possible??

As in A swaps with B then moves out of the room, swaps with C then moves, then swaps with D then moves. Again a total long-shot but could it theoretically work?

Also, from what I noticed in the regular game, dying wasn't actually a huge deal. Is it worse in the co-op? Or just frustrating in this instance because it couldn't be prevented?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
In Coop if anyone dies, the game ends immediately. You lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caitlin147 wrote:
Also, from what I noticed in the regular game, dying wasn't actually a huge deal. Is it worse in the co-op? Or just frustrating in this instance because it couldn't be prevented?

It ends the game in a loss for the heroes. That's why I called it a nuclear card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
Paul G wrote:
In Coop if anyone dies, the game ends immediately. You lose.

this cards killed us always, we've played 2 times in co-op and when we enter the 3rd floor (we have to tp all to the enter and be all together in the big throne or sewers) this card pops up, is like the game knows when we stack up LoL cry

thanks for all replies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.