2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Question about math trade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Fagan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Think this is prob the best forum to ask?!

I'm taking part in the UK math trade and think I've sorted everything using the new user info etc but can't work out one thing.
If I have duplicate protection on and I add another want, do I check or not check the "pseudo item" alongside the games I own and am happy to trade away?

Many thanks,

JMLF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
✔️✔️❌✔️❌✔️ ➖➖➖➖
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You want the Math Trade Walkthrough/FAQ for newbies.

If I understand your question correctly, you currently have found three copies of Pete the Cat Groovy Buttons Game offered by other people that you want, and so you've set up a duplicate protection item for them. Now someone has posted a fourth copy of Pete's Groovy Buttons, and you want to add that to your wantlist, too.

To do so, you add the game through Step 3 normally. Then, in Step 4, you say that you will trade away the duplicate protection item for Pete to get the fourth actual copy of Pete, in exactly the same checkbox manner as is the case for the other three actual copies of Pete.

For what it's worth, I have always found it simpler to do Duplicate Protection only after the list has closed and I've added all the games that I'm interested in so that the wizard builds those items once and completely and I don't have to go back to add in the extra things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.