Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love hardboiled P.I. games... Especially with solo & coop play. This game seems to fit the bill however, it's nearly impossible to find (discontinued). I did find exactly 2 copies out on the net for sale but in both cases the sellers' gouging prices are absolutely crazy!

So, I been hoping for some time for Sleuth Publications to at least release the game in low cost PDF files for us DIYers. No word that such will ever happen. Too bad as, what looks to be a great game, fades into oblivion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
AutismRecoverySystem.com Methyl B-12 Injection Therapy **It SAVED My Son**
badge
Tending the garden of my soul . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
What price do you consider reasonable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, wonder if I should put my copy up for trade. Still looking to get The 7th Continent...

Oh yea, I already had it listed for trade!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hmmm, wonder if I should put my copy up for trade. Still looking to get The 7th Continent...

Excellent game but unfortunately, that's not one I own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Krigbaum
United States
JBER
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple on eBay right now. $179.99 BIN or $199.99 OBO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's positively freakin' crazy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grejam53 wrote:
That's positively freakin' crazy!

+ 1

I agree that PDF would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grejam53 wrote:
Love hardboiled P.I. games... Especially solo & coop play. SHCD is a great game but not to my ilk. Too... well Victorian. Aside for this to be nearly impossible to find (found exactly 2 copies for sale) the pricing is absolutely crazy! Was hoping the company would release cheap PDF files for us DIYers. Waiting and waiting but no word of such will ever happen. If anybody wants to sell at a reasonable price or share files for private use, PM me.

Asking to purchase seems fine.

Asking for someone to "share files" seems like a bad ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree and I'm more than happy to purchase a PDF reprint of the "out of print" game, if the manufacturer wants to start selling them. However, if the game is indeed "dead like a 3 day old herring" with no hope of a reprint (due to whatever reasons) then, they should release it. But I'll retract the share comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~Ryan McSwain
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Create a saved search on eBay and here on the geek marketplace. Patience pays off; I was able to get a copy in shrink for $20 a couple of years back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Create a saved search on eBay and here on the geek marketplace. Patience pays off; I was able to get a copy in shrink for $20 a couple of years back

Good idea... Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melvin Lim
msg tools
Hi, Do you still want this game? I am looking to sell my copy - Played once only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly - PM me you sell price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Magee

Missoula
Montana
msg tools
badge
Yeah, I have been on the hunt for this game for a while now. Figured I'd add my voice to the thread. Folks willing to trade/sell theirs can add me to the potential buyers for sure. Love Sherlock and just moved to the Bay area, naturally this has become my grail game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I eventually gave up on it. I refused to pay a scalped $135. or more for this game when I could get something like "Deadline", "P.I.", etc. new for $35.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grejam53 wrote:
I eventually gave up on it. I refused to pay a scalped $135. or more for this game when I could get something like "Deadline", "P.I.", etc. new for $35.

Totally disagree that $135 would be a 'scalped' price for this very rare game. I've turned down much higher offers for my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Flack
United States
Vermillion
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to get a fair/excellent copy of Gumshoe at Noble Knight Games last year, but it appears that they haven't received another copy since my purchase. I have alerts set at there for other OOP games as well, just in case something shows up ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Totally disagree that $135 would be a 'scalped' price for this very rare game. I've turned down much higher offers for my copy."

Hey, that's okay. We agree to disagree. I try to budget my game habit at a lower threshold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Magee

Missoula
Montana
msg tools
badge
It's tough with this one, knowing its such a rare collectors item, I have almost pulled the trigger many times. Confirmed second editions frequently run an even higher price and its hard to ignore the warnings other users have left regarding the difference between 1st and second. I recently buckled and bought some Sherlock expansions that were just announced for a re release as well, which was kind of demoralizing. Not that I anticipate that happening in this case...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.