Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I look at the years ahead I find the thought of how many cards I will have quite daunting. Already the weight and quantity of sleeved cards tests the strength of the three boxes (by the end of this year I will need a forth) used to store them.

As the quantity of choice grows the percentage of play of heroes etc drops so that many cards sit unused.

I have begun to wonder if I should start to limit the boxes I buy. Part of this choice is knowing there are some card types I never need to expand, like bystanders, wounds, sidekicks etc, and as these come, in general, in the big boxes, my conclusion is it is the big boxes I should stop buying. The hardest choice of all!

I know this is my problem but I thought there might be a different solution and that others might have similar thoughts.

One option might be if Upper Deck releases future content differently, for instance three small boxes a year, or two small and one "medium" box holding 200 cards.

So here is my first ever poll to see how you guys feel.

Should UD keep the release format of small, big, small box or change it?

Poll
1. 3 small boxes per year
Yes
Maybe
No
2. 2 small 1 medium per year
Yes
Maybe
No
3. Two small 1 big per year
Yes
Maybe
No
      50 answers
Poll created by usuba

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you spell out your question and make it the last sentence before the poll please.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm answering here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Douglas
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see Legendary add game play similar to Legendary Encounters for the Marvel Universe. I know you can interchange cards but I'm talking about a complete crossover allowing you to either play Legendary or Encounters. I'm also holding on to the hope that UD can obtain the license for the DC Universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
Can you spell out your question and make it the last sentence before the poll please.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm answering here.

The question would be: should UD keep the release format of small, big, small box or change it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that just small box releases would be a good idea. While they provide an important role allowing UD to focus on a smaller group of heroes and have a nice cohesive feel to them it is the big boxes that actually move the game forward. They expand on the core ideas game and make it better (usually) overall. I love the small box sets because they are creative and hit a lot of cool characters, some that would have probably never made it otherwise, but the big box releases get mixed around better and hit my table more.

It sounds like you're worried about bloat though. Simple solution is not to buy some of the sets, however I know that isn't actually an option for a lot of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alextuesday wrote:
I'm also holding on to the hope that UD can obtain the license for the DC Universe.

I think that's the way they need to go. I simply don't want any more Marvel material. They need to tap into different content like DC to keep going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
alextuesday wrote:
I'm also holding on to the hope that UD can obtain the license for the DC Universe.

I think that's the way they need to go. I simply don't want any more Marvel material. They need to tap into different content like DC to keep going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Would this change make the company more or less money?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McManus
United States
Saraland
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see expansions that come with locations and objectives/scenarios that way we would have the option to play an encounter style. Every expansion could come with a new location and scenarios along with some heros/villains/masterminds. This would help with the replayability and keep it from getting stale. I really enjoy a story driven game and the encounter games have a lot more story in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
alextuesday wrote:

What the what?! angry

Oh wait....DC = Dark City. Yeah, I'm going to go with that. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish they would sell individual Heroes, Masterminds, Schemes, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:

Are you talking invidual for what we have already? Or maybe like a blister pack that has, say, just Ant-Man? I think I've seen some people ask for this before, and while not an idea I'm against, I think the idea of cohesive sets is better. Allows you to expand on the game play rather than just amount of cards. I guess I wouldn't mind both though, because MORE LEGENDARY!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
randomlife wrote:

Are you talking invidual for what we have already? Or maybe like a blister pack that has, say, just Ant-Man? I think I've seen some people ask for this before, and while not an idea I'm against, I think the idea of cohesive sets is better. Allows you to expand on the game play rather than just amount of cards. I guess I wouldn't mind both though, because MORE LEGENDARY!!!

Yeah, I was mostly talking about blister packs of one complete new Hero (14 cards) each, or a Mastermind with a new set of Villains -- things like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know for sure (obviously), but I have a strong suspicion that business model is fiscally untenable for the company. The overall production costs and such would far outweigh the income they would generate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.