Sergio Peña
msg tools
The card says "Attach this to any face-up Alien. If this Alien would be killed, discard this card instead."

This card can be found in the alien player deck, and I was wondering how it would work with the queen mother mode.

Let us suppose that the queen enemy card was already revealed, and she has five health points left because she had already been attacked before. A human player fights her and she end up drawing the "Massive Blow" strike, which has exactly 5 points of damage. If the "How do we kill it?" Card was attached to her, would she just discard this card and the strike that killed her? Or would she remove every single strike she had up until that point, reaching full health? (Like having a second chance)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Following this thread. I think we need an official answer. While we wait for that, I will play like this if it ever comes up:

If the Queen player draws a strike that would kill her, discard that strike an the "How do we kill it?" card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
i dont play with an alien player, so i've never came across this before. me, personally, i'd either make it so the queen cannot have that card attached to her, or she just avoids the next strike, regardless if it'll kill her or not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Discard the killing strike. In practice playing it on the QM earlier is better, because if she draws a high strike to kill her, she'll discard and odds are the next strike will be less powerful. Effectively giving her not only the ability to discard the atrike but to then take an extra one where it would have killed her.

With this in mind, perhaps it should be ruled as either discard/don't draw the next strike regardless of her remaining health or keep the killing strike reserved for the next time she's attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mandel
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
Following this thread. I think we need an official answer. While we wait for that, I will play like this if it ever comes up:

If the Queen player draws a strike that would kill her, discard that strike an the "How do we kill it?" card.

It should be played like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.