Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.jasonbegy.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm unclear on how the named P units enter the game. Is it only after you draw an event card stating as such?

With that in mind, how do cards 11 ("Gain Unit - London Trained Bands") and 25 ("Received Prior to the Battle - Ironsides and Cromwell") differ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Jasonbartfast wrote:
I'm unclear on how the named P units enter the game. Is it only after you draw an event card stating as such?

Yes, because of an event card.

Quote:
With that in mind, how do cards 11 ("Gain Unit - London Trained Bands") and 25 ("Received Prior to the Battle - Ironsides and Cromwell") differ?

They bring in different named units!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What? Event cards?

"You may commit any available Named units you desire to your (Parliamentary) side of the Battle Display Mat."

I'm confused again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
enzoone wrote:
What? Event cards?

"You may commit any available Named units you desire to your (Parliamentary) side of the Battle Display Mat."

I'm confused again.

The Named units are not "available" to you until an event brings them into the game:

setup rules wrote:
7. Set aside the two square and three rectangular Named Parliamentary Formation units. They enter play later and are placed face up in the Parliamentary Named units box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noooo, I played it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I was mostly confused about the different wording on the cards. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Welch
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the question and I can see how it could be confusing. The reason for the difference is that Card 25 is also a Tactical Battle Card and I wanted players to have those two very powerful named units prior to the battle (as happened historically) in case they wanted to use them or thought they didn't have access to them until after the Tactical Battle was resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christof VO
Belgium
Hamme
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry still confused about this...currently in my first playthrough of the game:

1) All of the named parliamentary units come into play only via event cards?

2) you simply cannot use them without being unlocked by an event card? This is a bit confusing with how the rules are written
I thought they were readily available from the start of the game...no wonder these battles have been going fairly easy whistle

3) If being unlocked through an event card only , are they from that moment on always available in future turns? (if not being lost by deadly outcomes)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Spoox wrote:
1) All of the named parliamentary units come into play only via event cards?

Right.

Quote:
2) you simply cannot use them without being unlocked by an event card?

Right.

Quote:
This is a bit confusing with how the rules are written

if they are available!

Quote:
I thought they were readily available from the start of the game...no wonder these battles have been going fairly easy whistle

Yeah, that's an unintentional house rule that would make battles easier, all right.

Quote:
3) If being unlocked through an event card only , are they from that moment on always available in future turns? (if not being lost by deadly outcomes)

Right (unless they die or some event explicitly removes them etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.