Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hoang
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't seem to find it in the rule book, but can you kill a monster of the same color you previously killed, potentially blocking another player from ever completing his task?

Seems pretty broken to me. I guess I have to house rule it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morris Ho
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't block other players from doing any of their tasks.

No putting shrines on their islands.

No taking more than 1 statue of a colour.

No taking more than 1 offering of a colour.

No killing more than 1 monster of a colour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon David
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricesteam wrote:
I can't seem to find it in the rule book, but can you kill a monster of the same color you previously killed, potentially blocking another player from ever completing his task?

Seems pretty broken to me. I guess I have to house rule it.

No. There is no way to block your opponent in this manner in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the bottom of page 5 of the (English) rules, it says "no color may be chosen twice for a certain task."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally, the game gives you the means to track each of the tasks colors you have performed so as not to get confused:
- Shrines - you will cover all, and only, your colored (revealed) island tiles and you will use your three shines that start on your player board
- Offerings - total of three offering tiles including one each of the two colored Zeus offering tiles and one other that is NOT one of those two
- Monsters - killed monsters are at bottom right of your player board
- Statues - the color of your companion cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hoang
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tikatoy wrote:
At the bottom of page 5 of the (English) rules, it says "no color may be chosen twice for a certain task."

Oh right, I see it now and how I would have missed it! For such an important rule, it would have been better if they repeated it in other other parts of the rule book.

dklx3 wrote:

- Shrines - you will cover all, and only, your colored (revealed) island tiles and you will use your three shines that start on your player board

I was so confused about Shrines, and realize we played it wrong. I didn't even realize the island tiles had color on them! I am still confused, however, about the Greek letter on the Zeus Tiles. What does it mean?? The rule book says it's irrelevant. Buy why show it to the player if it doesn't mean anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricesteam wrote:
Tikatoy wrote:

Oh right, I see it now and how I would have missed it! For such an important rule, it would have been better if they repeated it in other other parts of the rule book.

I think part of the problem is that information is repeated, but only selectively. If you had one authoritative section, with references to it from other parts of the rules, things like this wouldn't be missed as easily. For example, you're only supposed to choose companions that match the color of the statue that was raised. Companions are described in a few places, but that restriction is only mentioned in one of them.

Ricesteam wrote:
dklx3 wrote:

I was so confused about Shrines, and realize we played it wrong. I didn't even realize the island tiles had color on them! I am still confused, however, about the Greek letter on the Zeus Tiles. What does it mean?? The rule book says it's irrelevant. Buy why show it to the player if it doesn't mean anything?

Yeah, the colors are subtle. The island tiles all have unique art though, so I use that as an additional cue when comparing with my task tiles. The Greek letter is irrelevant when it's your tile, although you should remove the task that matches it (and get the reward of advancing a God). When it's somebody else's tile, you get a bonus based on the letter. (The reward appears on the player board above where you place the dice, so you can refer to that instead of flipping through the rulebook.)

EDIT: Looks like there's a revised version of the rulebook that clarifies/emphasizes important rules: English rules for The Oracle of Delphi, v2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Zeeb
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks for answering the question already, especially to Marlene!

Indeed, we have posted the updated rulebook for the second edition already, in which we have clarified some of the rules.

First, I wanted to confirm that blocking a player is not possible and the cited rule is 100% correct!

Second, we thought about repeating many of the intricacies of certain rules. However, this lead to a much longer version of the rulebook that lead to repetitive and lengthy reading.
Maybe repeating some aspects a little more often might have been useful. But mentioning at in all instances was ... well... not beautiful.

Third, in the second edition of the rules, the Greek Letters only matter if the Island Tile does not correspond to your player color.
If it is "your color", you can discard any of the corresponding Zeus Tiles. The Greek Letter on your Zeus Tile does not matter anymore.
So, bascially: If it is your Island Tile (indicated by the color of the drawing): Build a Shrine and discard one of those Zeus Tiles.
If it is not your Island Tile (it shows the wrong color), check the Greek Letter and take the corresponding reward.

Hope this helps.
Martin, translator of Delphi, for H@llGames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.