Subject: Anansi rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Heritch
United States
Morton
IL
flag msg tools
I'm wondering how others interpret Anansi's power: "pays 1 cattle per ritual good bought at a craftsman..." Does this mean you pay 1 cattle for every good bought during your turn to any and all craftsman. This seems overpowered. Or is it 1 cattle per good for a single craftsman. In this case it would be 1 cattle for each good bought from that single craftsman which could be more than one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
andshar wrote:
I'm wondering how others interpret Anansi's power: "pays 1 cattle per ritual good bought at a craftsman..." Does this mean you pay 1 cattle for every good bought during your turn to any and all craftsman. This seems overpowered. Or is it 1 cattle per good for a single craftsman. In this case it would be 1 cattle for each good bought from that single craftsman which could be more than one.

The former.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Agner Holm
Denmark
Aarhus C
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes as stated, it is the former. And yes like some many other things in this game it does seem overpowered. Tip, if Anansi is in the offer, don't increase prices to high. The higher the prices the bigger the advantages she gets. Remember you can "artificially" increase the prices of ritual goods by building secondary craftsmen far away from the primary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BennyD wrote:
andshar wrote:

The former.

I also think it is the former (not sure on the wording). However, I would simply put it this way: "If you have Anansi, all craftsmen have set their price to 1."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ringo84 wrote:
BennyD wrote:
andshar wrote:

The former.

I also think it is the former (not sure on the wording). However, I would simply put it this way: "If you have Anansi, all craftsmen have set their price to 1."

...for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For OP: if they had wanted to make a god with your alternate power, they would have used the word "one" and added "per turn" or "per monument raised".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andshar wrote:
This seems overpowered.

That pretty much sums up all of the god cards in The Great Zimbabwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.