Alex Bokser
Israel
Pardes Hanna
flag msg tools
Guess What?
badge
You Rock.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you played the BattleLore app? Would you recommend getting it? My daily commute includes a 50 minute train ride. Is that enough time for a single battle?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It plays similarly to the board game but has some differences.
For example, the cards have a recycle mechanism where you have to basically take a break to refresh your options (left, right, center cards).

I personally had a hard time seeing the game some times even though it does let you zoom in pretty well.

The app game has some interesting missions that I thought would have been cool for the real game including protecting civilians and fighting a bandit faction (spoiler) at times.

After playing through the campaign a couple of times, I probably won't be playing it any more but I got my 10 bucks or whatever worth from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Price
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Reroll!
badge
C'mon roll allready!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to all three questions. It is worth the $, but plays a little different than the board game. The use of the cards is similar.
On another subject,I thought GMT was going to have a command and colors app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bokser
Israel
Pardes Hanna
flag msg tools
Guess What?
badge
You Rock.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'll get it
Dunno about GMT though..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a ton of fun playing BattleLore: Command at first. Once we had a tournament, though, I became a little disgruntled with it. I bought it at $10 and I'm not sure it was worth it. At $4, or whatever it is now, I think that's a good price for playing through the campaign. The campaign is actually pretty fun, in my opinion.

One thing that bugs me about the game is how lore cards work. For cards that you would normally play on your opponent's turn, you play them as a "defensive lore card" at the end of your turn. The computer tells the other player that a lore card was played, but doesn't say which one or who the target was. I find, though, that whenever I play Bone Spurs, the computer never attacks the unit I selected. I can't help feeling like it's cheating.

If you want a full breakdown of the differences between the app and the board game, check out this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1391739/app-vs-board-game-l...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bokser
Israel
Pardes Hanna
flag msg tools
Guess What?
badge
You Rock.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Garrett!
Quote:
If you want a full breakdown of the differences between the app and the board game, check out this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1391739/app-vs-board-game-l...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.