Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I consider painting my set as I am almost finished with my Imperial Assault stuff and the next wave will only be 5 figures of which 3 are droids... So I wonder if someone could share his experiene with this game.

Is buying green (spraying) primer, for this game only, useful or should I continue with white as there are few fully white figures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Wilfong
United States
Odenville
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only use white primer. It allows me to see the details of the model better then a darker color primer. If you are using enough coats of paint it isn't necessary to use a colored primer. Save your money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
askinmeh wrote:
I only use white primer. It allows me to see the details of the model better then a darker color primer. If you are using enough coats of paint it isn't necessary to use a colored primer. Save your money.

I thought that a coloured primer might actually save money, but if that's not the case, I go along with white. Thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
United States
Metro Detroit Area
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 vote for white primer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Walerko
United States
Endicott
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm late to this conversation, but I wanted to chime in that I used colored primers to great effect. However, that's because I chose to make my aliens a bit more monochromatic:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, I haven't started yet, so you're not late.
I actually like your colour scheme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
United States
Metro Detroit Area
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used yellow primer for the Saucerman, made quick work of the base yellow uniform. Usually, I use white primer, but made an exception for the largest group of figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.