Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

The game seems to be great but the rules... So i need your help

1) In the rules for each room there is an "assistant action", i understood with assistant on chair i can use the room actions again, but "assistant action"... I wonder... With my family leader i can use the main action AND the assistant action or only the main action and an assistant on a chair can do the assistant action ?
It seems a family leader can do both actions and assistant on a chair the same, but using the word "assistant action" make me confused...

2) Worship in the ancestrial hall : I finish on the third column, so my last assistant become a senior assistant, can i remove him immediatly to put him on a chair in the round house ? Or do i have to only remove an existing senior assistant from previous turn ?

Just one more : assistant chair is only for room next to it, in the inner circle ?

Thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Answers come from emperorS4 parentheses are my thoughts.

1) yes, a leader performs both actions: an adjacent assistant is not needed. (I agree the wording is a little confusing. The term assistant action i believe refers to the fact that they all revolve around varied usages of the assistants)

2) (i will check on official ruling - but, if following the sequencing of Ancestral Hall Worship, it would seem it must be a ready Assistant in your personal supply, BEFORE sending those in the Ancestral Hall back to your personal supply.)

3) yes, Assistants in Chairs are adjacent to rooms in the Inner Ring ONLY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hongky Anggoro
Indonesia
Surakarta
Central Java
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaps31 wrote:
Hello,

The game seems to be great but the rules... So i need your help

1) In the rules for each room there is an "assistant action", i understood with assistant on chair i can use the room actions again, but "assistant action"... I wonder... With my family leader i can use the main action AND the assistant action or only the main action and an assistant on a chair can do the assistant action ?
It seems a family leader can do both actions and assistant on a chair the same, but using the word "assistant action" make me confused...

2) Worship in the ancestrial hall : I finish on the third column, so my last assistant become a senior assistant, can i remove him immediatly to put him on a chair in the round house ? Or do i have to only remove an existing senior assistant from previous turn ?

Just one more : assistant chair is only for room next to it, in the inner circle ?

Thanks a lot.

I believe the assistant action can only be executed when you have an assistant in chair, and when your leader in room adjacent to that chair (either inner or outer ring). Because in the player guide it said: main action and or assistant action. And if you have assistant on chair, then you can remove that assistant to do the room action again including the assistant action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but you are not agree... argh... Damn rules...

OK, i think it's making sense :

- Your family leader can do all the room actions and an assistant on a chair can only does an action in the room next to him when the family leader just did it (inner circle), so we activate the room twice, simple.

- If i read the rules for the acestrial hall, i have to put my assistant, make the last a senior assistant THEN perform the actions, so move (third column) one senior assistant to a chair, so why not the last, the one who trigger the action ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emperors4 games
Taiwan
flag msg tools
EmperorS4
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
can you please clarify the original poster's questions? Thank you in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My english is not so good ? I know

I agree with your answer, so that's ok, the question's remaining is about senior assistant, can we remove the one we just put on the nacestrial Hall ?

Ho and just to be sure : in the round house, only 1 assistant for each chair, if a player has an assistant on a chair, nobody else can use this chair, until the assistant is removed or until the end of the game for senior assistant ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tee Cee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
chaps31 wrote:
Thanks, but you are not agree... argh... Damn rules...

OK, i think it's making sense :

- Your family leader can do all the room actions and an assistant on a chair can only does an action in the room next to him when the family leader just did it (inner circle), so we activate the room twice, simple.

I'm not so sure about that. If you remove the assistant from the chair, you can get to do both inner and outer actions again? The example on page 5 seems to show this? :

"Example: Blue player executes receiving goods
action in the inner circle, and s/he decides to
retrieve the assistant occupying the chair.
Blue player receives 1 Celadon and 1 Fruit
and places 2 assistants in the town where the
Travelling Merchant tile is located."

I'm still confused!

EDIT: My mistake - I can see now that both actions are only on the inner circle - apologies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ho ho ho .... I looked the rahdo video and... He puts an assistant to the temple in the third column, turn him to senior assistant and use the action "senior assistant assignment" and take the senior assistant from.... the personal supply area !!! Not the temple !

OK... Senior assistant in the temple stays in the temple... we take senior assistant from our supply and turn it to senior assistant ! Thank you rahdo ! That make sense because i understand we can use a spot in the temple only once, so when a senior is in the temple we won't use this spot again (another player can).

These rules are a mess... i can't believe it, i'm going to understand all, but i'm sure a lot of people make a lot of mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you got it - that's what i summarized. This week i am compiling all of our questions and the answers the folks at emperorS4 have provided here in the forums and in my email correspondence with them. From there i will post a nice, neat and tidy Rules Clarifications file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usefull, thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.