Subject: Some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodrik Atrox
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi people.
I have some questions and i need a bit of your wisdom to help me understand 3 things:
1) Does season card "Summer drought" replace the Wizard's Council legend of a summer season card when played?
2) Whenever a tactic card says: "play when taking control of an area containing a city"... does it mean that you did'n control the area before, right? I mean: if you control an area with no cities and a city appears later (the lost city... rebuilding year)... does it count as taking control? I undestand that the answer is "no"... but need confirmation.
3) Could someone explain the quest "Guarding Lord Tathan"? Where is the succes/discard condition? Is it defeating the drawn hero? Is it discarded regardless of the duel result?

That's all for now. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Numanser wrote:
1) Does season card "Summer drought" replace the Wizard's Council legend of a summer season card when played?

Yes. The Wizard's Council label is part of the season card's "primary ability", and since Summer Drought replaces the primary ability, that would include the label.

Quote:
2) Whenever a tactic card says: "play when taking control of an area containing a city"... does it mean that you did'n control the area before, right? I mean: if you control an area with no cities and a city appears later (the lost city... rebuilding year)... does it count as taking control? I undestand that the answer is "no"... but need confirmation.

You are correct. You play such cards immediately after taking control of the area which already had a city in it. If the city appears after you have control, then the condition is not satisfied.

Quote:
3) Could someone explain the quest "Guarding Lord Tathan"? Where is the succes/discard condition? Is it defeating the drawn hero? Is it discarded regardless of the duel result?

The "Success" condition is defeating the drawn hero in the duel; if you do, you get two free Triangle units in the area. (If there are enemy/neutral units in the area, you start a battle immediately; otherwise, your new units just stay there). You would discard and draw a new quest here.

The "Failure" condition is failing to defeat the hero. No further effect happens. As written, I would say you keep the card and can attempt to duel again (though it may be a different hero; the hated enemy apparently changes champions ), as typically when you fail a quest, you keep the card unless it says otherwise.*

In either case, you shuffle the "champion" hero back into the deck, rather than simply discarding it.

* That said, I don't know if FFG has even been asked this specifically for this quest, so I'll add that to my list of things to ask for my next version of the Corey Rulings document
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrik Atrox
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks a lot!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I got confirmation from Corey about that quest:

"If you defeat the drawn hero, you discard the quest. If you do not defeat the hero, you keep the quest and can attempt again later."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.