Hide
24 Posts

Mice and Mystics» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone tried shapeways models? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Han Solo
msg tools
I just got done making an order from shapeways for a captain vurst model that I think looks great,I also bought one elite rat warrior to see if I like it. I was wondering if anyone else had picked these up or even knows about them? A while back I purchased a bundle that included meeps, the cheddar golem, and some slugs, and I was really happy with them. You can find both users work here, I hope they continue to make more stuff, DT characters would be great. https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace/games/board-games/?tag...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is awesome! i'm going to keep this in mind when i have a chance to spend some money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Burbidge
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have that Vurst model and am really happy with it. I picked up a weird cheese wheel that looked great in painted photos, but didn't function like it was supposed to when it arrived. Very inexpensive though, so I didn't worry about it at all.

gb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered them last week, waiting for them to arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
Nevertellmetheodds wrote:
...I also bought one elite rat warrior to see if I like it.

I saw that they had an Elite Rat bundle of 4 for $60. If anyone wants the Elite Rats that badly, or at 17 bucks each, you should just buy the game Tail Feathers. It's made by the same designer and has 6 Elite Rats in it. You could throw away the rest of the game (or give it to me) and be ahead money big time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
Relampagos wrote:
...I also bought one elite rat warrior to see if I like it.

I saw that they had an Elite Rat bundle of 4 for $60. If anyone wants the Elite Rats that badly, or at 17 bucks each, you should just buy the game Tail Feathers. It's made by the same designer and has 6 Elite Rats in it. You could throw away the rest of the game (or give it to me) and be ahead money big time.

I have those as well, but I converted mine to be holding sword/shield to be used as regular rat warriors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Glassman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought all of the figures, Vurst, cheese golem, slugs, doodlebug, and I couldn't be happier. They are of amazing quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gregburbidge wrote:
I have that Vurst model and am really happy with it. I picked up a weird cheese wheel that looked great in painted photos, but didn't function like it was supposed to when it arrived. Very inexpensive though, so I didn't worry about it at all.

gb

Ooh, I was just about to get that cheese wheel myself. It looks terrific. What was the issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
I have those as well, but I converted mine to be holding sword/shield to be used as regular rat warriors.

I'm curious what you use 12 regular rat warriors for? Did you create alternate chapters or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any free-to-download 3d models for M&M? $15-$30 for a single printed model is insane... especially for those with access to a 3d printer.

Edit: found some stuff here
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:345266

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Relampagos wrote:
If anyone wants the Elite Rats that badly, or at 17 bucks each, you should just buy the game Tail Feathers. It's made by the same designer and has 6 Elite Rats in it.

It hurts me sooooo much that I bought elite rats on Shapeways before TF was released ... and then I bought TF. Now, I have LOTS of elite rats (and just a little money)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
Relampagos wrote:

I'm curious what you use 12 regular rat warriors for? Did you create alternate chapters or something?

I cut the sword arms off the regular rats for the TF rats, so I still only have 6 rat warriors. I never liked the originals anyways, nothing like the art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the top-post:
The material is less flexible then the material for the miniatures that come with the game. (As you prolly know from the other figs you own)
Make sure you have a save way to storage them.
The tip of one of our elite rats broke when the miniature got lose in our box (so we painted it like it was cut off ???? )

Besides that we love the stuff we got from shapeways.
Have fun✨

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
gregburbidge wrote:

gb

I'm the designer of the cheese wheel. Never heard of any problem with it.
It should work fine. However a manufacturing defect is not impossible.
Please let me know the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the cheese golem and pet slugs. They are all awesome when painted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
I wish someoen would do the three characters from downwood, and to a lesser extent vanestra and the undead dudes from glorm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Glassman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For venestra I use this mini: Reaper miniatures Arachnid Archer https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/spider/latest/77182
For the undead creatures for HoG I use base-game figures with an alternative paint scheme.
For skulker rats I use: reaper miniatures wererat assassins
https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/wererat/latest/77295
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like both those reaper minis, and the cost is reasonable. Do you have or could in the future have a photo of them alongside the original minis? I am curious how the scales compare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Glassman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

That is Venestra next to Tilda and the Cave Centipede (both primed). As you can see, she scales basically as big as the Cave Centipe (only a tad bigger), but she doesn't come with a base (not a big deal).

FYI all the minis are primed, which is why they are gray.

That is Venestra next to the Vurst ShapeWays model, extra detail.

Lily facing the WereRats and a normal rat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
I tried ordering several different spider minis from reaper, but they were all out of stock at my store's distributor right now. Do you have an image of vurst next to the other rats? Mine is in the "packing" stage so I'm hoping to get him soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Reaper sells direct if you don't want to wait on a distributor to re-stock it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
throwing8smokes wrote:

Lily facing the WereRats and a normal rat.

Could you try this picture again? Curious about the scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Glassman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, it seems the pictures didn't post?

Wondering about the request. Would you like me to take a different picture (the picture is not a good quality one).
Or would you like me to simply re-upload the existing picture (for some reason the image is not appearing).

Let me know which of the above problems you are having so I can best assist.

Sorry for the very late reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
throwing8smokes wrote:
For venestra I use this mini: Reaper miniatures Arachnid Archer https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/spider/latest/77182
For the undead creatures for HoG I use base-game figures with an alternative paint scheme.
For skulker rats I use: reaper miniatures wererat assassins
https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/wererat/latest/77295

Oh the Arachind Archer looks cool for Venestra. I'm probably going to get that now. Thanks for the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.