Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pako FuNkyBoY
Spain
Castelldefels
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think about it, as an english speaker?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bane
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HobgoblinPop wrote:
funkyboy wrote:
What do you think about it, as an english speaker?

The game looks really fun but the translation just seems to keep getting worse despite the constant assurances.

For what it's worth, I'm one of the people assisting with the edits and rewrites of the Rule Book. CG has been very communicative and receptive to my edits, and over the last few days I've sent them first drafts of about half of the Rule Book. I find it encouraging. For the record, I have no financial stake in this game, and am assisting them both for the experience, and because I believe DNZ has a lot of real potential.

Per my discussions with them, after the KS ends, we'll be doing an intense review and rewrite again. The final version of the English Rule Book will be compared to the final Spanish version, to make sure no meaning was or changed in translation.

As I understand, my review and edits will also extend to the cards, player mats, and other gaming materials. This will be done in an effort to both clean up the text, and make sure that everything is consistent throughout the game.

Again, take it for what it's worth, but that is the plan. I have spent hours reading and editing the Beta copy of the Rule Book so far, and I am much more impressed with the game now than I was before doing this. CG seems to be very determined to put out a good English translation of the game, and I am optimistic that this will be realized in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pako FuNkyBoY
Spain
Castelldefels
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question was about the english gameplay video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
funkyboy wrote:
My question was about the english gameplay video.

Unfortunately, I had to stop watching it because of the camera work. The CONSTANT moving around and zooming in and out was nauseating. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pako FuNkyBoY
Spain
Castelldefels
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha!
Not so bad!
A little bit exggerate may be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
berenger braem
France
flag msg tools
@agentzero
Hello,
Some guys and i are trying to translate the english version into a french version, but the (old ?) documents we have might content some errors due to the english translation. We so have difficultiesto do our french translation !
If you worked on a new english tranlation, could you tell us if modifications have been bring ? You can see our english version and our work on this page : https://boardgamegeek.com/blog/6409.
Thank you for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.