Subject: [W.I.P] Rumors of Chaos Rulebook - First Attempt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex S
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all! I just finished up my first shot at a fully functional rulebook for our upcoming game, Rumors of Chaos. I'd previously written down the rules in a text document and that wasn't too hard but doing it in such a way to make sure terms and symbols are explained was/is a lot tougher than I expected.

Here's the link if anyone would be so kind as to give me a look and give me some feedback. I'd be very grateful for any pointers anyone wants to give me as this is very much a new realm for me and way different from the game designing itself. I'm hoping to get this ready to be able to use for blind playtesting in the not too distant future.

I'm not too worried about exact alignment at this point and the images are using my current prototype graphic design that will need a good going over and art of course.

The first half of the rules have more images and flavor text whereas the second half is really just text at this point. I'm thinking I can actually decrease the size of the text comfortably still and work in some more images/examples/flavor text while still keeping to the current 16 pages, though I'm definitely not opposed to pushing it up to 20 pages if it'll allow for a better end product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

started to skim it, but, er... kinda had other things I needed to do, but I did notice some typos...

page 4: third paragraph, should be "its" not "it's"
page 10: first paragraph you have "counts as anction"
page 14: first paragraph you have "may only place equip item", I'm guessing it should be "place" or "equip" but not both

Based on how quickly I looked, I'm assuming there's many more ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.