Subject: Battleborn Legacy Game Play Q&A rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to leave any game play questions you have here and we will get back to you.

1. What are the BBL Dice or Battleborn Dice?They are the custom dice with the coin, scroll and crossed swords engraved on them.

2. What are provincial units?They are any units on the map that are not part of the hero's main army. The hero's main army units will always be on the Battleboard.

3. Do players roll a die for every unit taking part in combat? No, players will roll 1 die for every regiment in combat. The more units in each regiment the better the chances of hitting with the regiment. Its always good to have a diverse unit mix in battle as each regiment will get to roll a specific colored d12.

4. How does a ranged volley work? Attacking and defending ranged units such as Elves, Bowmen and Siege Engines get a first volley strike at the beginning of the first round of combat. If they successfully hit, remove any casualties from the battle then all melee units attack/defend. After the first round all remaining units including ranged and melee roll at the same time until either the defender is destroyed or the attacker retreats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solenger wrote:
Feel free to leave any game play questions you have here and we will get back to you.

3. Do players roll a die for every unit taking part in combat? No, players will roll 1 die for every regiment in combat. The more units in each regiment the better the chances of hitting with the regiment. Its always good to have a diverse unit mix in battle as each regiment will get to roll a specific colored d12.

Thanks for this, much appreciated. I'm waiting for my copy to arrive this week so perhaps it will be clearer with the game in hand. But, after going through the rules and the videos, I'm a little unclear on this but think I'm getting the handle on it.

Am I understanding combat correctly?

- If a hero's army is involved you roll the colored die (and only one die) corresponding the regiment color.
- The number of regiments on the battle board trigger modifiers (seen in the pic in the rulebook - +1, +2).
- That number gets added to the die roll which is then compared the regiment unit's attack/defense value (whichever is appropriate).
- As long as the die roll plus modifier is equal to or higher than the units value that counts as a hit.
- Provincial units work the same way except you use the designated part of the battle board and it looks like those modifiers differ slightly from the army units & modifiers.

I think the part that was (or is) confusing me is I didn't see the regiment modifiers called out in the rulebook. I could have missed it. I saw references to modifiers but, on my first read through, I thought those were found on the cards.

Thanks and looking forward to playing BBL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken I think you pretty much have it correct. A regiment is a group of similar or like units that have a specific color on the corners of the unit piece.
Green unit types such as Elves and bowmen will go on the Green spaces on the Battleboard either on the main army side if they accompany the hero or the provincial side if they are defending a territory without the hero present.

Other regiments such as Swordsmen, Orcs and Dwarves are melee types and have Red corners.
Skirmisher regiments have Yellow corners such as Pikemen, Goblins and Artisans.
Unique Units have Blue corners such as Race Lords, Knights and Siege Engines.
Heroes always roll Black

So for example if you were fighting with Towbak and his forces consisted of 2 Bowmen, 1 Dwarf, 1 Pikeman and 1 Artisan you would roll:

1 Green d12 for the Bowmen with +1 to the roll
1 Red d12 for the Dwarf
1 Yellow d12 with +1 to the roll for the Pikeman and Artisan
1 Black d12 for Towbak

All rolls need to equal or exceed the attack or defense number associated with the strongest unit in the regiment(just like in stratego better units have lower numerical values). The Pikeman is better at combat than the Artisan so it will be the first Yellow skirmisher unit in the regiment and used to determine hits.

Hope this helps

One other item to note is that the attack/defense numbers on each unit is what the unit needs to hit while attacking or while defending. The casualty matrix determines what units are hit. You will find that unique units and heroes are the most difficult units to hit while skirmishers are the most likely units to be targeted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Eric, that matches my thinking!

Also, good example with the pikemen and strongest unit. I can see that coming up at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Human
United States
ROSAMOND
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric,

Question on movement.

I think the Hero and Lord units have 2 mv.
Can we move through an "Enemy" occupied territory to enter a different territory using the 2 mv?

Seems like a no. More likely, you can only move 2 IF 1 is through a territory you own.

Don't know if that was spelled out or not.

Thanks again for the fast service a such a great game.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mike good question

I think the Hero and Lord units have 2 mv.
Can we move through an "Enemy" occupied territory to enter a different territory using the 2 mv?

The Heroes actually only get 1 movement point at level 1 but as they grow in experience and level up so do their action points. They can use their actions for combat, diplomacy or non combat movement. So at high levels they may attack, use diplomacy and or move through territories they control up to their skill level.

Lord units have 2 movement points but the first movement must be in a territory under the players control. Units cannot move through enemy territory or neutral territories that are empty without stopping to claim them. Claiming a neutral territory for your realm is considered a combat move. The player will place their coat of arms on the territory to show that it is now under their control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
More on movement:

Heroes can move, attack and/or use diplomacy up to their skill level.

Lords, Knights and Elves get 2 movement points as long as the first move is through a territory under the players control.

Goblins, Orcs and Dwarves get 2 movement points as long as their first move is through their own territory type....for instance the Dwarves get a free movement through the mountains.

Any units that accompany one of these unit types will also gain the additional movement bonus. For example 2 bowmen accompanied by a knight can move 2 as long as the first movement is through a territory under the players control.

In some cases strategically detaching a Knight or Race units from the main army to attack a different enemy location using their movement capabilities can catch enemies off guard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Human
United States
ROSAMOND
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solenger wrote:
More on movement:
Heroes can move, attack and/or use diplomacy up to their skill level.

Lords, Knights and Elves get 2 movement points as long as the first move is through a territory under the players control.

Goblins, Orcs and Dwarves get 2 movement points as long as their first move is through their own territory type....for instance the Dwarves get a free movement through the mountains.

Any units that accompany one of these unit types will also gain the additional movement bonus. For example 2 bowmen accompanied by a knight can move 2 as long as the first movement is through a territory under the players control.

In some cases strategically detaching a Knight or Race units from the main army to attack a different enemy location using their movement capabilities can catch enemies off guard.

And just to be perfectly clear for me... if there is even one enemy in a location, we MUST battle that enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct if an enemy resides in the territory a battle must take place. If your race alliance is in a territory and you don't have your hero or lord to use diplomacy to recruit you must also fight. If there are no units and it's an open territory your units must stop to claim the location for your realm.
Don't forget diplomacy and open resource trade with other players throughout the game is encouraged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Johnson
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
Can you attack with provincial units by themselves or can you only attack with a lord or hero present?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you attack with provincial units by themselves or can you only attack with a lord or hero present?

Daniel yes provincial forces can act on their own and engage enemy forces, capture unoccupied territories and or make non combat moves to help garrison weakly defended areas on the map. Winning these skirmishes will be necessary to solidify provinces and perhaps gain an invaluable Red discovery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Johnson
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
Thanks for getting back to me so fast. To be clear then, all your provincial units get one action, just like a hero or lord. When you place attack tokens, those are the only places you can attack? No changing your mind or plan after the fact?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct Daniel players must declare all their attacks with attack markers and which units will be attacking. That being said, the player may decide not to follow through with an attack if things go poorly on previous engagements.
Players that attack with a ranked 2 or higher hero need to show all proposed attacks by the hero but the hero does not need to follow through with all of them.
Once an attack is declared and discovery cards are played the attacker must remain for one full round of combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bogucki
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the winning conditions listed in the rules? I only saw that if one player controls all the territories of one rune type they win the game immediately.

During a battle when Discovery cards are revealed what is the order in which they must be revealed? Does the attacker need to reveal theirs first? If I'm the defender I might want to see what the attacker is playing before I decide if which of my cards I might use.

Is there a limit to the number of Discovery cards played in a battle?

On the casualty result chart, which player decides which unit type is eliminated from a particular regiment (assuming there is more than one unit type in that regiment)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Larry great questions, let me try and answer them for you.

Are the winning conditions listed in the rules? I only saw that if one player controls all the territories of one rune type they win the game immediately.

The victory condition is set by players at the beginning of the game. Refer to the bottom of page 1 in the rulebook. The best way to earn victory points is through conquest (claiming provinces), but points can also be earned by slaying the dragon, killing other heroes and completing quests.

During a battle when Discovery cards are revealed what is the order in which they must be revealed? Does the attacker need to reveal theirs first? If I'm the defender I might want to see what the attacker is playing before I decide if which of my cards I might use.

Technically the attacker and defender should reveal cards at the same time before the battle begins. This might be a table ruling in some cases however, for example if the defender plays a wall of flesh and bone the attacker must disengage immediately and specific cards the attacker might have played like flanking tactics would not come into play.

There is no limit to the cards played in a battle but specific red battle cards can only be played in a battle the player is participating in.

On the casualty result chart, which player decides which unit type is eliminated from a particular regiment (assuming there is more than one unit type in that regiment)?

The defender will always get to chose which unit they must remove from a regiment. There will be cases when they have to make a tough decision to remove perhaps an artisan over a pikeman or goblin that are stronger fighters, etc.

Let me know if your unsure about anything else, good luck and may the gods be on your side!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Specific Card explanations

1.) Crossbow of Accuracy (blue Dicovery Card / Artifact): The text says that the weapon may be chosen "once" at the beginning of the battle to directly aim at a specific target and the hero gets +1 for att/deff "rolls".
-> Although it's written "rolls", I assume that this wepon may only used once per battle (only at the beginning) and "rolls" just means one attack roll or one defense (if he is at the defending army). All rolls after the first one are standard attacks but +1, correct?

Crossbow of Accuracy - Fired during the first round of combat with other ranged units as a volley, target is chosen with +1 to die roll. The hero drops the crossbow knowing that it takes too long to arm it and uses their normal weapon for all remaining rounds. If the hero is level 2 or 3 fighting in multiple engagements they may use the crossbow once for each battle.

2.) Gauntlets of Swiftness (blue Dicovery Card / Artifact): Hero gets one additional attack per combat round: I would just give him a second die, correct? Or is it important that he rerolls the one die after the battle calculation of the first roll? (Hero might be dead after the first roll and then wouldn't have a second roll ... ^^)

The Gauntlets allow the hero to gain 1 additional attack per round so yes the hero gains an additional die to roll. For Argana or a berserking hero that could mean 3 attack dice being rolled.

3.) Chainmail of Defiant (blue Dicovery Card / Artifact): The armor may inflict damage to opponents if Magic (scroll) is rolled on the Battleborn Legacy die. AND the hero gets +1 att / deff.
--> How is the first part meant? Does the BBL roll of the first player at the beginning of the round count or do I roll a BBL die each time the hero attacks and additionally to this possible damage, the hero gets +1 on his att/deff rolls?

Chainmail of the Defiant - A hero wearing this armor will gain +1 to all attack/Def rolls. If the hero is hit in combat roll the BBL die to see if the armor discharges causing damage to a random enemy unit.

4.) Sword of the Slayer (blue Dicovery Card / Artifact): Technically the same as in No. 3.) but his time combat needs to be rolled on the BBL die.
--> Same question as in No. 3.), do I have to roll the BBL die with the attack or does the roll of the first player at the beginning of the round count?

Sword of the Slayer - +1 to attack/def rolls. If the hero hits with the sword roll the BBL die, if crossed swords are rolled, 1 additional unit is wounded or slayed.

5.) Flesh and Bones (red Discovery card): your units repel all attacks from one opposing player this turn. This card can only be played in response to an attack "made" against you.
--> When exactly may I / do I have to play this? May I wait until the attack "was made" or directly when it was declared? Reason: When I fight the battle and win, I don't play this, when I lose, I play this. ^^

The Wall of Flesh and Bone should be played after an enemy player has placed all attack markers. Any attacks that were intended against you are repelled before the battles even begin.

6.) Deserters (red Discovery card): 2 units flee the battlefield.
--> are they actually "dead / lost" then or will they return after the battle? if they return, what if their land was lost? or do they just run to an adjacent territory that the player of these unit owns? What if he doesn't own an adjacent territory?

Deserters are returned to the territory from which they started the attack from if played on the attacker. If they are defenders move the deserters to an adjacent territory the player controls. If the defender does not control any adjacent territories the deserters are destroyed. Most likely they were a snack for the roaming dragon.

7.) Instigate War (red Discovery Card): Choose a territory with 2 or less units and attack with them.
--> This is the hardest card for me, I totally don't understand it. ^^
Does it mean that I may choose two enemy units and they now belong to me??? Then their territory also belongs to me and when I win the attack on the other territroy, it also belongs to me. Kinda overpowered card, I hope I misunderstand it. o.O

This card has been our bane because it is confusing but because I'm sick and twisted I couldn't remove it from the game. Your spies have caused a revolt in a territory, it cannot be a territory with a (stronghold) and must have 2 or 1 regular unit types...not unique or named units such as lords, knights and siege. Attack a neighboring territory with the units. Neither the units or the territories involved in the battle are yours. This card is typically played behind enemy lines where territories are lightly defended or artisans are working.
I hope this helps,

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Neal Walker kickstarter backer

Thanks for making this game, played my first game last night and enjoyed it, I just managed to win in time. Did have a few questions:

When using a catapult in a round after the first round of combat, does it attack still hit 2 units if it hits?

Yes catapults always hit twice, it could be walls of a stronghold, multiple units or a single unit that has more than 1 hp. When well protected they are an extremely tough weapon in a fight.

If I have a catapult and knight in my army can I use the catapult in the first round as the front unit in the regiment, then switch them for the 2nd round?

During a battle you must declare which unit is the primary unit in the regiment and all other units in the regiment are support units. The catapult and knight cannot both make attacks, essentially the knights are protecting the catapults as they are raining death on your enemy.

If my army has a full regiment and there is a provinicial force with more units of the regiment type, can they add beyond the +2/+3 max bonus shown on the army card?

No any additional units outside the main army are considered provincial units. The maximum bonus to die rolls are indicated on the battleboards with no additional bonuses for additional units. All provincial units must fight before the main army battles, if units are joining the battle from several territories they may join the main army if space is available.

Similarly the area for placing provinicial forces in a combat only has a enough room for a limited number of each regiment type, what happens when there are more units than this, can I get a +5 bonus to a roll if I have 6 of that type of unit?

You can stack provincial units if you have more than the space provided on the battleboard, but the bonuses are capped and indicated on the battleboards. Any additional units will not improve the modifier.

Is there a limit to the number of red discovery cards that can be used on a single battle?

Players can play multiple discovery cards to help secure a victory. All cards are played at the beginning of battle. If the defender plays Flesh and Bone it needs to be announced after the attacker has declared all attack moves and before any battles with the defender begin.

Good luck and have fun,

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Stumpf
msg tools
I'm not sure if I fully understand the Galley's rules. Is this correct:

If a Stronghold is at a Territory close to the sea, I spend 1 Gem and 2 Gold to buy one and place the "Race Galley" in the Sea field adjacent to this Stronghold.

If the Stronghold is somewhere else, like in the middle of the map and not adjacent to the sea, I may not buy the "Race Galley" but instead spend 2 Gold every round to buy Privateers ("Hired non-Race Galleys") instead and I can place them WHEREVER I want? If that's correct, then Privateers can be "spawned" behind enemy Territories close to the sea and attack them whenever / wherever I want and totally unexpected?! o.O

How can I attack a Galley with land units to prevent the Galley to attack my Territories? I can't actually sent the troops to the sea field, can I? ^^ Can only ranged units attack it?

What if units are on the privateers ship and you can't spend 2 Gold. Will the units get thrown in the sea and drown to death? ^^

One question about the Orcs:

Do I get it right that an Orc unit always gets a second roll if it hits with the first one?

Thx in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great questions Bernd,

You are correct about privateers because they are a hired merc ship they can spawn in any sea zone but remember they only get 1 ranged attack on an adjacent territory then their attack is over. Their upkeep is 2 gold so its a trade off. Most players may use them to get an artisan to an island and then decommission them. If units are on a merc ship and the player can't afford the ship the player loses the units...they probably joined the pirates no sense in staying loyal to a kingdom that can't pay.
Land range units cannot reach galleys at sea. Sea fights are not very common because of their expense and time is limited. If we decide on an expansion, sea combat will play a larger roll.

Orcs that have bloodlust will get a second attack if they hit on their first one. Only one orc group can have the bloodlust token per turn. The Orc player can use it strategically on defense or offensively when they know they will be facing multiple enemy units. I've seen a level 3 hero with the orcs in the main army bloodlusted tear through 3 defended territories with little trouble.

Cheers,

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Holm
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Veteran Troops.
I was confused about the wording of the +1 modifier given to Veterans and had to ask Eric (via facebook) which side of the token is the side for veterans.
His answer was the side with the lower number and the one with the art having the darker background.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Holm
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
When hiring a Privateer is the galley placed in the production queue or directly on the map?

Please clarify when some Galley actions take place; is it during step 3 Combat or step 4 Non-combat movement.
For example if unloading onto a friendly territory is that Non-combat? …. But what if I wanted them to unload to reinforce an army there and once joined the whole was to march into the next hex and do combat…
Another example: unloading onto an unclaimed Island. Is that Combat or Non-combat movement?

Firing a barrage.
What if 2 galleys (1 race, 1 hired privateer) both fire at an enemy unit on land? Is that 2 separate die rolls or a single die roll with a +1 added to the result?

Is barrage firing only one-sided; outgoing from the galley? Rephrasing my question is Can ranged units return fire on galleys when the galley is at sea?
Refining the question more (because I think the answer is going to be Ranged Units can’t shoot back) If archers can’t shoot back then how about Siege Engines?
[In a recent game I was on the verge of buying siege engines specifically for the purpose of shooting at galleys]

What if the Galley owner decides for its two actions to FIRE A BARRAGE FROM SEA and UNLOAD. And let’s say the UNLOAD part is active combat. While on the beach unloading can the galley be attacked by land units? Would they be part of the blue regiment track?

What if the Galley did MOVING AT SEA and UNLOADIND THE GALLEY to put attacking troops into battle. The battle is going badly and the attacking player wants to retreat. Can the troops get back on the galley?
Refining the question a bit, if the Galley had an unused action left could retreating troops be picked up then because of the LOADING THE GALLEY action?

Blood Rage.
After this is triggered then does a single unit of orcs get it or does the whole regiment? Is it a single die roll unmodified or is it a die roll + 1 or +2 depending on the size of the orc regiment.

Veteran status.
In the hero’s army a regiment is given veteran status. In the next turn a battles kills the entire color regiment. In the turn or 2 after that the army picks up some more units of the same color. Do those new , same color, units get the Veteran status even though they’ve never seen battle before?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Cliff great questions, let me try and answer them for you:

When hiring a Privateer is the galley placed in the production queue or directly on the map? A Privateer is a hired mercenary unit that can be placed in any water zone on the map. As long as the player can pay for the mercenary ship it will remain in play.

Please clarify when some Galley actions take place; is it during step 3 Combat or step 4 Non-combat movement.
For example if unloading onto a friendly territory is that Non-combat? …. But what if I wanted them to unload to reinforce an army there and once joined the whole was to march into the next hex and do combat…
Another example: unloading onto an unclaimed Island. Is that Combat or Non-combat movement? Unloading and occupying an island takes place during non combat. Moving into a friendly territory and then marching into an adjacent territory would take place during combat. The units that were deployed from the galley must be accompanied by a unit that has 2 movement to be able to continue their move into the adjacent territory for combat.

Firing a barrage.
What if 2 galleys (1 race, 1 hired privateer) both fire at an enemy unit on land? Is that 2 separate die rolls or a single die roll with a +1 added to the result? Although both are ships, they are 2 different types of ship giving them each their own die roll.

Is barrage firing only one-sided; outgoing from the galley? Rephrasing my question is Can ranged units return fire on galleys when the galley is at sea?
Refining the question more (because I think the answer is going to be Ranged Units can’t shoot back) If archers can’t shoot back then how about Siege Engines?
[In a recent game I was on the verge of buying siege engines specifically for the purpose of shooting at galleys] This is a great question and we have plans on expanding this in a possible expansion with more sea combat. We didn't want the land and sea combat to be overly complicated but it makes sense that siege engines have a chance to fire back at a galley that is making a barrage attack.

What if the Galley owner decides for its two actions to FIRE A BARRAGE FROM SEA and UNLOAD. And let’s say the UNLOAD part is active combat. While on the beach unloading can the galley be attacked by land units? Would they be part of the blue regiment track? Again we tried to make this simple and consider the galley to be performing a barrage at a safe distance from land units. The galley crew is firing the barrage while the marines are attacking the land.

What if the Galley did MOVING AT SEA and UNLOADIND THE GALLEY to put attacking troops into battle. The battle is going badly and the attacking player wants to retreat. Can the troops get back on the galley?
Refining the question a bit, if the Galley had an unused action left could retreating troops be picked up then because of the LOADING THE GALLEY action? If the galley had an additional action left yes units can retreat back to the galley. The attacker can call a retreat after any combat round. The defender rolls the BBL die to determine if they hit a retreating unit.

Blood Rage.
After this is triggered then does a single unit of orcs get it or does the whole regiment? Is it a single die roll unmodified or is it a die roll + 1 or +2 depending on the size of the orc regiment. The Blood Rage ability can be used with a single provincial orc or an entire orc regiment. It can be extremely powerful with an orc regiment led by a level 3 hero that makes multiple attacks in 1 turn.

Veteran status.
In the hero’s army a regiment is given veteran status. In the next turn a battles kills the entire color regiment. In the turn or 2 after that the army picks up some more units of the same color. Do those new , same color, units get the Veteran status even though they’ve never seen battle before? This is a great question and it makes sense that the regiment would lose their veteran status if all units of that type have been destroyed but remember its not only the units becoming war harden veterans but the hero as well. Ultimately because of the heroes combat experience even new troops learn quickly and fight as veterans.

I hope this helps and good luck in your future engagements!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Treated my self to your game as an Xmas press to myself.
I must say I’m finding it. Very interesting and fun.
I’m having trouble grasping a few concepts though and wondered if you could help me in any way.
I think most of it stems from the rule book having a few gaps in detail.

Firstly I’m aware artisans generate resources in the area they are in but do they still do this if they are part of your leaders army?.
Or do they have to be dropped Of in the territory?.

Second if a region is captured then you lose it and re capture it do you score it again.

Third do the skeleton wastelands count as single territories for scoring.

Fourth if playing a short game should the cataclysm chart be advanced quicker to help the game scale better as the game would be over a lot quicker at 10 ictory?.

Fifth and finally for now do single units not in an army still capture areas and score for them and place territory markers or is that just the leaders and lieutenants?.

Loving the game any help would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Treated my self to your game as an Xmas press to myself.
I must say I’m finding it. Very interesting and fun.
I’m having trouble grasping a few concepts though and wondered if you could help me in any way.
Hey Gary,

Thanks for picking up Battleborn Legacy and we are glad you are enjoying the game. If you haven't you may want to print a copy of the rules addendum. Most common questions are answered there and they should clear up most of your questions.

Firstly I’m aware artisans generate resources in the area they are in but do they still do this if they are part of your leaders army?.
Or do they have to be dropped Of in the territory?.

Artisans will produce a resource in the territory they reside even if they are in the host army. However if 2 artisans are in the same territory they will only produce a total of 1 resource.

Second if a region is captured then you lose it and re capture it do you score it again.

Any time a province is lost you lose victory points. Any time a province is captured you earn victory points so it is a sliding scale.

Third do the skeleton wastelands count as single territories for scoring.

Yes all wastelands are considered a single territory province and will score you 1 victory point each.

Fourth if playing a short game should the cataclysm chart be advanced quicker to help the game scale better as the game would be over a lot quicker at 10 victory?

Short games should really only played as an intro game/learning game or to try tactics with each unique hero and race combo. A 10 point game can go fast but if your rivals are smart they will attempt to bring your VPs down under 10 before the full turn is over.

Fifth and finally for now do single units not in an army still capture areas and score for them and place territory markers or is that just the leaders and lieutenants?.

Yes provincial units can capture territories on their own. It is a primary way to earn a Red Discovery Card. Hope this helps and have fun!

Loving the game any help would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.