Subject: Homebrew Faction: The Fourth Reich 2.0 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
christopher staples
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Faction Name: The Fourth Reich

Faction Ability: Glory of War (Ongoing) Whenever an enemy unit dies in battle against your faction, gain 1 point of power. Maximum of 5 points can be earned per round.
(strongly considering changing this ability)
Starting Location: Any unclaimed land or sea area

Cultists Cost:1 Combat 0, you start with 6 cultists

MONSTERS (Cost/combat)
Name
Soldier x 4 (1 / 1)
Beast of War x 2 (2 / 2)
Doomed Onesx2 (5 / 4) - Effect: If killed in combat, pay 2 power and select 1 soldier on the map. Turn that soldier into a doomed ones unit.

GREAT OLD ONES
|cost|combat|
Glorious Leader 5 ? It’s combat is equal to the number of soldiers on the board. If one or more soldiers would be killed during a battle, roll a dice. On a 1 or 2, convert a kill assigned to a soldier into a pain.

Colour out of Space 10 ? It’s combat is equal to the number of active spell books you control. All enemy factions sharing a space with the Colour Out of Space lose 1 combat when fighting your faction in the same space. There are 3 conditions in which this unit can be summoned. 1- this unit can be summoned at an gate you control. 2- this unit can be summoned in an area with one or more tainted markers. 3- If there no tainted markers or friendly gates, you can sacrifice a doomed ones unit and replace it with this unit, the summoning cost must be paid.

ALTERNATIVE GOOS
-no glorious leader

Colour Out of Space x6 Cost:2 Combat:2
You start the game with 3 Colour Out of Space Units. Put the rest aside. All enemy factions sharing a space with a colour out of space marker suffer -1 to combat. There are 3 places the colour out of space can be summoned. 1-the colour can be summoned at an gate you control. 2-the colour can be summoned in an area with an tainted marker. 3-the colour can be summoned in an area with a doomed ones unit (no sacrifice needed. If an enemy unit dies in combat when an colour out of space unit, place a tainted marker in that area. (considering making colour out of space unsummonable at your own gates unless you have no colours out.)

additional Notes: with this kind of change, i feel having beasts of war would make it lopsided,would remove them with this alternative set. I also decided that the doomed ones ability could only be activated if you had the Radiance spell book.

ALTERNATIVE SPELLBOOK SET: to be included later below as spellbook set 2

SPELL BOOKS 1st Set

The Colour Mastered: (Ongoing) Colour Out of Space now only cost 5 power to summon. It gains one additional combat point if there is a marker in same area as the colour out of space and +1 combat point for every adjacent area containing an tainted marker. When the colour out of space moves into an area containing a tainted marker, it can immediate move another space (and only one space) for free to an adjacent area containing an tainted marker.

Tainted Land: (Ongoing) When the Colour Out of Space is in an area containing enemy factions, pay 2 power and roll a die. If the result is equal to or less than the number of enemy units in the area, place a tainted marker in that same area. A maximum of two markers can be applied per area.
Zeal : Action cost 2: If your monster(s) are in an enemy containing an enemy non-controlling cultist, you convert that cultist into a soldier. You may then place a soldier in its place. / Action Cost:1 On any turn, you can turn one of your cultists into a soldier and vice versa. If both abilities are used in the same round, turn this spellbook over until the next doom phase.

Advanced Scouting Pre-Battle: Select one of your units and one of your enemies non-great old ones units. These two perform an one on one duel. Dice are rolled normally. This battle cannot be avoided or prevented. Spellboooks that would not prevent this battle still apply. Apply the results of the die normally and continue onto the main battle on as normal after resolving any other pre-battle spellbooks and abilities.
For the Reich!: Pre-Battle: Select one of your units. Kill it and place it on your faction board. This unit does not contribute to the battle and is not considered to have died in battle. When you roll the dice, you may convert any pain into a kill. Your sacrificed unit returns to the pool at the next doom phase.

Rapid Deployment: (Ongoing) When you take or build a gate, you can immediately summon a monster at the gate at normal power cost.

SPELLBOOK REQUIREMENTS
-Summon the glorious leader
-summon the colour out of space
-have a tainted marker in the same area as an enemy gate
-have a tainted marker in an area with 2 or more enemy factions
- gain this book when one of your cultists is killed
-Control 3 gates

Spell Book Set 2

- Tainted Land(ongoing) After a enemy unit dies in battle with a Colour Out of Space, place a tainted marker in that area. All enemy factions lose -1 to combat in that area per tainted marker. There can only be two tainted markers in one area.
- Colour Mastered (Ongoing) When the Colour moves, one other Colour can move with it for free.
- Zeal : Action cost 2: If your monster(s) are in an enemy containing an enemy non-controlling cultist, you convert that cultist into a soldier. You may then place a soldier in its place. / Action Cost:1 On any turn, you can turn one of your cultists into a soldier and vice versa. If both abilities are used in the same round, turn this spellbook over until the next doom phase.
-Advanced Scouting Pre-Battle: Select one of your units and one of your enemies non-great old ones units. These two perform an one on one duel. Dice are rolled normally. This battle cannot be avoided or prevented. Spellboooks that would not prevent this battle still apply. Apply the results of the die normally and continue onto the main battle on as normal after resolving any other pre-battle spellbooks and abilities.
-Rapid Deployment: (Ongoing) When you take or build a gate, you can immediately summon a monster at the gate at normal power cost.
- Radiance (ongoing) when a doomed one is killed, you may select an soldier on the board and replace it with an doomed ones unit.

Second Set, Spellbook Requirements
- Have a tainted marker in an area with two or more enemy factions. Take a spellbook and place one of your unclaimed Colours onto the board in an appropriate area for free. IF this cannot be done, place it in your pool instead and take an elder sign.
- Have a tainted Marker in the same space as an enemy gate. Take a spellbook and place one of your unclaimed Colours onto the board in an appopriate area. If this cannot be done, place it in your pool and take an elder sign.
-Have 3 or more colour out of space takens on the board. Take a spellbook.
- Take control of an enemy gate or abandoned gate. Take a spellbook and place one of your unclaimed colours onto the board in an appropriate place.
-When one or more of your units die in battle, take a spellbook.
- When you have tainted markers in 3 areas, take a spell book.

After World War II, A small group group of Nazi's, composed of soldiers and masters of both science and the occult, fled Earth. By moving...sideways, they went to worlds unknown. Over the centuries, they have grown stronger, more advanced. At the apex of their power and under the guidance of the Glorious Leader, they returned to Earth to conquer the Empires of Men, only to find that there were none left. It is now their duty to reclaim the old lands for the people of the Fourth Reich....or kill everything trying.

"Cultists" spread the glory of the Fourth Reich and the wisdom of the Glorious Leader

Soldiers,dedicated and highly trained men and women of the Fourth Reich, serve the only way they can. By dying for the Fourth Reich and the Glorious Leader

Doomed ones are members of the Reich terminally tainted by the Colour Out of Space. Willing to die for their Glorious Leader and the Fourth Reich, they use their own corruption against the enemies of the people and upon their demise, pass their glorious burden to the next in line willing carry on the fight.

The Glorious Leader is glorious. End of discussion.

Beasts of War are monsters tamed to further the glory of the Fourth Reich. With their glorious burden, their meaningless existence becomes slightly less meaningless.

The Colour Out of Space. Enigmatic. Undescribable. Even the Great Old Ones fear its withering touch. The Fourth Reich is learning how to direct this great force and over time, their mastery over it only grows more efficient and precise. Some within the Reich worry that the Colour Out of Space is the greatest threat to the Reich, even if the Reich defeats the Great Old Ones..............these individuals have been re-educated.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. ANY POINTERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diversion Architect
msg tools
mbmb
Fun stuff! I am just going to give you a few random ideas I had while reading through.

I would personally shift your colour mechanic into something a bit more like Ubbo Sathla- an inevitable growing menace. the 10 power to summon it the first time hurts that growth feeling.

I like the tainted markers, but I would move away from the roll a die to place them. It should feel inevitable rather than based on a die roll. The tainted markers could actually BE the colour rather than having a figure any one place on the map.

I will dig more into this later, but if you have never looked at it- I would recommend checking out Tannhauser. It had some awesome lore that seems up your alley.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/25261/tannhauser
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher staples
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
You just gave me an inspired idea. maybe the colour goo can be composed of multiple pieces. maybe you can start with 2 of them with a cost of 2-3 each and each can have a combat of 2 or something and the more spellbooks you unlock, the more pieces of them you can get, you can spread the pieces out and fight abroad or you can consolidate them in one area and really hammer something. Still could keep a tainted marker system with that. im thinking the colour goo could have 7 separate components with a base power of two but you only start with two. the more spellbooks you get, the more pieces you get.When it moves into an area with no tainted marker, you can place down one tainted marker and only one. that should balance it out unless others thinks two would still be acceptable. The idea you had was great. maybe i could get rid of the glorious leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diversion Architect
msg tools
mbmb
Yay glad I helped

Yeah in your lore it could be the leader became one with the colour (so the troops think). I feel like if they never questioned the leader then they wouldn't question when the leader says "I will become one with it"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher staples
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
when i read the original story about the colour it doesnt really seem to be compatible with organic life. If a mortal can bear the colour, then there is no reason why a goo cant as well. I think of it as force that can be directed, if one is willing to risk it. The goos know better because they know what it will do to them and their domains if it gets out of control. (Thats why i added the tidbit about certain individuals being more worried about the colour than the goos). it can taint living things and give them strong powers but it will always consume and kill them (henced the doomed ones). You should check out the second set of great old ones and the new spell books. The glorious one does not exist in the second set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.