Bad Mojo
msg tools
mbmb
Board presence dominates this game. If you have more pieces than your opponent and stay on the offensive you win unless you make some crazy mistake. What combo has the chance to some back from a weak board position?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know much, but I imagine Maximum Anarchy (Zane's Max Level Spell) would allow for one to turn things around pretty quickly if they were behind as far as board presence goes. I suppose you could combo it with Prynn Pasternaak's gold band ability.

http://codexcarddb.com/card/maximum_anarchy
http://codexcarddb.com/card/prynn_pasternaak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vash TheStampede
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A unit that can survive a turn and has obliterate. Pirate gunship is ideal because of haste.

A unit with an arrive effect. TRex for example

Double Abomination to clear all units with 2 or less health lefy
If your patrol can keep them out of your buldings for a turn or two. Double plague lab is very good. And any units not yet dead can die next turn.

Bigby maximum spell which doesnt require him to be survive a turn at max level

Voidblocker can buy you time until you bring your tech3.

High health unit with deathtouch on squad leader. Check Balance tech2 units

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
The ultimate spells in Law and Past are both good for recovering from being behind on board state. Unless your opponent is beating you up with combat heroes or tech III units (or haste units), either can be cast even without the hero starting the turn at max level, and will buy you a turn's breathing room at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vash TheStampede
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once I was far behind in board using mono green vs mono white
My defeat was one or two turns away

What saved from annihilation was
Moment Peace
Potent basilisk
Anoher moment peace and trex
Another Trex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Trujillo
msg tools
alextfish wrote:
The ultimate spells in Law and Past are both good for recovering from being behind on board state. Unless your opponent is beating you up with combat heroes or tech III units (or haste units), either can be cast even without the hero starting the turn at max level, and will buy you a turn's breathing room at least.

I always find the past board wipe to not be as impactful as the law board wipe just because of the card advantage for your opponent. Is there a reason to pick past over law if it's just for the board wipe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Bolas
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think some aggressive decks have very good lines to keep playing more 'pieces' and steamrolling the opponent, but generally there is a lot of decisions you can make to avoid being steamrolled.

-Don't play your hero unless you can protect it or you can punish them for killing it.

-Don't tech up if you don't have board parity

-It's useful to count how much power you both have on the board at the end of every turn, if you fall way behind try and figure out why/how and make different moves in future games.

-Build a tower. Most offensive strategies are at least hampered by an early tower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cooksey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kiramode wrote:
I always find the past board wipe to not be as impactful as the law board wipe just because of the card advantage for your opponent. Is there a reason to pick past over law if it's just for the board wipe?

Past has a number of ways to overcome that and turn Rewind really nasty. As long as you're floating any gold, Gilded Glaxx (Future) stays in play through the Rewind. Second Chances will keep up to two other units in play. And if you have Slow-Time Generator in play, your opponent won't be able to play most of the cards you make them pick up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.