Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure» Forums » Rules

Subject: Secret Tome Card Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once the Secret Tome card is acquired, does it go into your deck? There isn't any sort of way to play the card if it comes up in your hand during a turn, so does this mean that any Secret Tomes you've purchased previously now become dead cards for that turn and just go right back into your discard pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herr Nihl

Hawaii
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They go into your hand. The price you pay for that sweet 7 points is deck gunk. You'll pick these closer to the end of the game, if you know what's good for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrNihl wrote:
They go into your hand. The price you pay for that sweet 7 points is deck gunk. You'll pick these closer to the end of the game, if you know what's good for you.

Exactly modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the card in front of me, but I recall at the time that it didn't seem worth it at all. What is the cost? It seems like you're better off just keeping your gold (1xp = 1vp, IIRC), since the card most likely jams up the other players from having a better card available on market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rykaar wrote:
I don't have the card in front of me, but I recall at the time that it didn't seem worth it at all. What is the cost? It seems like you're better off just keeping your gold (1xp = 1vp, IIRC), since the card most likely jams up the other players from having a better card available on market.

The Secret Tome doesn't cost Gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol, right. oy, this is what I get for only playing the game once and acting like I have advice to offer. Thank you for setting me straight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Rivest
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mookiestix wrote:
Once the Secret Tome card is acquired, does it go into your deck? There isn't any sort of way to play the card if it comes up in your hand during a turn, so does this mean that any Secret Tomes you've purchased previously now become dead cards for that turn and just go right back into your discard pile?

Yeah buy them late game (anyway, you probably won't have the skill early to buy them).

Gems are pretty much the same thing as Tomes except they cycle (draw a card written on them) so they're much better. But they give you 2 clank once, which is worth it if you ask me.

Tomes can be better if you have the wizard in your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rykaar wrote:
lol, right. oy, this is what I get for only playing the game once and acting like I have advice to offer. Thank you for setting me straight!

Yeah, but you're awesome for admitting it instead of doubling down. Some of the Rules forums have instant 'experts' that drive me nuts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Urbanek

Ft lauderdale
Florida
msg tools
There is a card that let's you buy 2 tomes for 7 gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Jones
msg tools
Couldn't Secret Tomes also be used as discards for other card effects such as Sleight of Hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
Helkyn wrote:
Couldn't Secret Tomes also be used as discards for other card effects such as Sleight of Hand?

Yes. Yes. Puts a nearly useless card to constructive purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.