Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother brought Paku Paku back from a trip to Germany, but I can't find an English rules translation anywhere. Trying to use the google translate app just leads to confusing and hilarious results. If anyone has an English translation that is possible to learn the game from, I would gladly give geek gold!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a lot of time to translate the whole document but I can send you a summary of the rules if you don't mind waiting till tomorrow.

Pedro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite an entertaining and easy to teach game. I play it with my 5yo. Here is a quick summary off the top of my head. Should be enough to get you going.

---

Objective: The first to get to 10 penalty points loses.

Setup: the dice are divided as equally as possible among the various players, by the designated player (at high player numbers some start without any dice). In later rounds, the designated player is the one who took penalty points from the previous round, and she can divide the dice as she sees fit.

On a count of 3-2-1, each player starts rolling dice as fast as possible. If you roll green on a die, you immediately pass it to the next player clockwise. If you roll red on a die, you have to stop and stack 1 plate/bowl/glass (not the same type as the one immediately below) on the common cardboard platter.

If, while stacking a plate/bowl/glass the pile falls over, then the round is finished, and you must roll all the dice you have and take as many penalty points as the sum of numbers you roll. Reds and greens for this roll are no penalty.

Otherwise, if you stack correctly, you continue rolling the dice you have left, including any green ones you might have received from your right hand player.

If, at some point a player is caught with all dice, and another player shouts "Paku Paku", the round is over and the caught player rolls all dice for penalties.

The first to reach 10 penalty points loses.

---
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both. Yani, that looks like enough to get playing. Just to be sure: only one person will get penalty points per round, the one who knocks over the dishes?
If multiple people roll red at the same time, is there a way to decide who must stack first?
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FranklinT wrote:
Thank you both. Yani, that looks like enough to get playing. Just to be sure: only one person will get penalty points per round, the one who knocks over the dishes?
If multiple people roll red at the same time, is there a way to decide who must stack first?
Thanks!

Note that Yani explained the other way on how to get penalty points. If one player has all the dice and one of the other players calls Paku Stop, the player who's got all the dice must roll one die to determine how many penalty points they must collect. Note also that the result may not be a number, in which case that player is a lucky duck!

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, does the person stuck with all the dice roll them all for possible penalty or just one die? Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I need to check the rules again but I beleive the player should roll only one dice when checking for penaly. I will let you know later today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
Sorry, I need to check the rules again but I beleive the player should roll only one dice when checking for penaly. I will let you know later today!

The loser rolls for penalties only as many dice she has in her posession when the round ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coralsaw wrote:
Pedrator wrote:

The loser rolls for penalties only as many dice she has in her posession when the round ends.

From google translate, it looks like the round can end when someone has all 5 dice in a 2-3 player game, 4 dice in a 4-5 player game, and 3 dice in a 6-8 player game. Or when the dishes are knocked over. Sound right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FranklinT wrote:
coralsaw wrote:
Pedrator wrote:

From google translate, it looks like the round can end when someone has all 5 dice in a 2-3 player game, 4 dice in a 4-5 player game, and 3 dice in a 6-8 player game. Or when the dishes are knocked over. Sound right?

Cant verify with the rules and I played it with up to 3 players which required 5 dice or disches knocked over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so just got the rules here in front of me and wanted to cover them for with some of the details:

1: give one die to each player, with more than 5 players some players won't have a die, and with fewer than 5 players some will have more than one die to start with.

2: as you roll the dice, if you roll a panda you pass that die on to the player to your left.

3: if you roll a dish result, you stack one dish onto the table or already existing pile.

4: if a player knocks the dishes over the game stops and that player rolls as many dice as they got in front of them. any values (1-3) rolled are added up and that's how many penalty points that player has to collect.

5: if one player has got all 5 dice (2-3 players), 4 dice (4-5 pl) or 3 dice (6-8 pl) in front of them at any time, any other player can call out "Paku Stop!". The round ends and the player with the dice rolls all the dice they currently got and add up all the values rolled, collecting that many penalty points.

6: In both cases 4: and 5: if the player rolls no numbers, than they got lucky and collect no penalty points.

7: When stacking dishes you are not allowed to stack the same type of dish on top of one another (e.g. plate on plate).

8: Normally after any penalty roll you would restart the pile of dishes, however, the "pro" variant in the rules say that you can just leave the stack and keep playing with it as is to make it more difficult.

9: Game ends when one player's collected 10 penalty points but you can adjust to make the game go longer or shorter. For example, increase with 3 players or decrease with 8 players as it might go on too long with 8.

Hope this helps,
Pedro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Pedro, this confirms what I had assumed based on trying to translate the rules. I'm glad to have a confirmation! Seems like a fun little game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My pleasure Trevor and thanks for the generous tip.

I haven't played it yet but am looking forward to. There is a German play-through video on here but they play it incorrectly as they pass the dice on to a player of their choice rather than to their left. In a three player game I suppose that's not big of a deal, but would make a huge difference in an 8 player game.

I hope you enjoy it and let me know if ever you got any more questions.

All the best,
Pedro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.