Hide
5 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Raiding Ports/Markets Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Turner
msg tools
This one should be pretty simple, but I haven't seen it answered anywhere. I understand that any given island site can't be raided more than once per year (we're only 1 box in, so don't yell at me if that changes or anything) but what I haven't seen is if Ports & Markets go 'offline' once there's an enmity token covering them.

So, if there's an enmity token covering a port or market can it still be used to purchase upgrardes or sell goods? Does it matter whose token it is? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no rule that shuts down these sites after a raid, the restriction is only on raiding them again. You can use them as normal, even if it was you who raided.

It's slightly awkward that the enmity token obscures the location from view, so you have to remember what's underneath or move the enmity token to one side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... which means that you can raid a market, then sell the goods right back to them on the following turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or raid a docks and then upgrade there.

Personally I was in the belief that the intent with the enmity on top of the site would be that it can no longer be used that year.

Murky waters IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Webbe wrote:
Or raid a docks and then upgrade there.

Yup. Though in that case, your cost would go up due to enmity. (Not true for selling goods at a market.)

Quote:
Personally I was in the belief that the intent with the enmity on top of the site would be that it can no longer be used that year.

Murky waters IMO.

No, the only sites that have an effect beyond "cannot be raided" are fields (which don't produce) and structure sites (which can't be rebuilt on), really. Imagine how crappy it would be if you couldn't sell goods at your own province harbor if your warehouse (which includes your market) was raided! Or if you couldn't hire or activate advisors if your council room was raided. And so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.