can you guess
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
If blessing of the gods is out of the game, is it also unused in the blessing deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
Yes.

That is, as each Blessing of the Gods card is removed from the game, that particular card would no longer be available to end up in the blessings deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that if you have a large party and you aggressively remove Blessings of the Gods, it is possible to not have enough blessings to make the full blessings deck. Unlikely for most parties but possible for groups with characters like Sajan and Kyra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
untitledFolder wrote:
Note that if you have a large party and you aggressively remove Blessings of the Gods, it is possible to not have enough blessings to make the full blessings deck. Unlikely for most parties but possible for groups with characters like Sajan and Kyra.

How does one "aggressively remove" BoGs? I don't remember Kyra having any special abilities to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:

How does one "aggressively remove" BoGs? I don't remember Kyra having any special abilities to do so.

Working hard to remove them from the game every chance you get. I mention Kyra and Sajan because they have a lot of blessings in their deck. If you have four characters like that and you manage to remove all the Blessings of the Gods, then in some scenarios you could build the location decks and not have 30 blessings left for the blessings deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
untitledFolder wrote:
peakhope wrote:

How does one "aggressively remove" BoGs?

Working hard to remove them from the game every chance you get.

Huh. Not counting cards in location decks that get banished on closing, I only remember chances to banish perhaps an average of 1 or 2 total cards per scenario, and many of those could not be BoGs.

With 2p, I don't see how you would get rid of more than maybe 10 BoG by the end of the campaign. I have only played extensively with 2 characters, so maybe with larger groups there are way more opportunities.

Assuming everyone has upgraded to better blessings by the middle of the campaign, they are unlikely to have a BoG in hand when asked to banish something.

You're not removing unneeded cards from the game while rebuilding your decks between scenarios, are you? That would certainly explain our different experiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Voigt
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe if you are banishing them by refusing to acquire them? But that's not allowed by the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
untitledFolder wrote:
peakhope wrote:

How does one "aggressively remove" BoGs?

Working hard to remove them from the game every chance you get.

Huh. Not counting cards in location decks that get banished on closing, I only remember chances to banish perhaps an average of 1 or 2 total cards per scenario, and many of those could not be BoGs.

With 2p, I don't see how you would get rid of more than maybe 10 BoG by the end of the campaign. I have only played extensively with 2 characters, so maybe with larger groups there are way more opportunities.

Assuming everyone has upgraded to better blessings by the middle of the campaign, they are unlikely to have a BoG in hand when asked to banish something.

You're not removing unneeded cards from the game while rebuilding your decks between scenarios, are you? That would certainly explain our different experiences.

Aren't cards from your deck that you can't keep banished? I was under impression they are. So blessingings of the gods being basic cards would be removed after box 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
Aren't cards from your deck that you can't keep banished? I was under impression they are. So blessingings of the gods being basic cards would be removed after box 3.

Sadly, no.
On page 19, the author of the RotR rulebook wrote:
Once you’ve played a scenario, whether you won or lost, rebuild your character deck (see Between Games, below). Put all other cards back into the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.