Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.mediaite.com/online/cnn-claps-back-after-kellyann...

Quote:

CNN Claps Back After Kellyanne Conway Disputes Network Passed on Interview Over ‘Credibility’ Issues
by Justin Baragona | 1:09 pm, February 6th, 2017

In response to a story that CNN passed on having her appear on State of the Union in place of Vice President Mike Pence over “credibility” issues, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway took to Twitter to refute those claims.

Shortly after she sent that tweet out, the official CNN PR account responded, letting it be known that Conway was indeed offered as a guest and the network passed.

MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski also got involved in the thread, responding to CNN that “you are not the first.”

Conway has come under fire recently for her “Bowling Green massacre” comments during an interview with MSNBC’s Chris Matthews last week. While she has said she merely misspoke, it has been discovered that she also used the term in an interview with Cosmopolitan.

Apparently "Morning Joe" is also refusing her now from Mika's response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kellyanne Conway on MTP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure this is a good look for the media when they are being attacked for their approach to the Trump Administration. Have her on and ask her tough questions, refusing her just seems like it will backfire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
http://www.mediaite.com/online/cnn-claps-back-after-kellyann...

Quote:

CNN Claps Back After Kellyanne Conway Disputes Network Passed on Interview Over ‘Credibility’ Issues
by Justin Baragona | 1:09 pm, February 6th, 2017

In response to a story that CNN passed on having her appear on State of the Union in place of Vice President Mike Pence over “credibility” issues, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway took to Twitter to refute those claims.

Shortly after she sent that tweet out, the official CNN PR account responded, letting it be known that Conway was indeed offered as a guest and the network passed.

MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski also got involved in the thread, responding to CNN that “you are not the first.”

Conway has come under fire recently for her “Bowling Green massacre” comments during an interview with MSNBC’s Chris Matthews last week. While she has said she merely misspoke, it has been discovered that she also used the term in an interview with Cosmopolitan.

Apparently "Morning Joe" is also refusing her now from Mika's response.

Well first off, ouch, that must have stung. Secondly I wonder if we will now get a right wing ideologue who will benefit from comparisons to herself. She will make anyone look like Williams Jennings Bryant in comparison

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
I'm not sure this is a good look for the media when they are being attacked for their approach to the Trump Administration. Have her on and ask her tough questions, refusing her just seems like it will backfire.

The exercise in futility that is her appearances, is comic GOLD. You have to wonder when the rats start jumping off the ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Cnn turns down Kellyanne Conway as guest "liar"
shake "Disreputable Deplorable" sought platform from which to espouse further 'lies' or "alternate fact"-based spewings, in the manner of an 'overflowing toilet' fountain?!? coal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given how steeped in fake news CNN is these days I'm not surprised she'd not appear on CNN....can't see how there's any credibility to be had from the CNN bunch anyway. It's like talking to angry children all the time.

Better to have them to fade away or (possibly) figure out what their issues are and fix them.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Given how steeped in fake news CNN is these days I'm not surprised she'd not appear on CNN....can't see how there's any credibility to be had from the CNN bunch anyway. It's like talking to angry children all the time.

Better to have them to fade away or (possibly) figure out what their issues are and fix them.

Ferret

Or perhaps they don't want a lying alt-right lackey on the air so she can mainstream the next bigoted lie for The Donald. Its called integrity. Have someone explain it to you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Ferret

Or perhaps they don't want a lying alt-right lackey on the air so she can mainstream the next bigoted lie for The Donald. Its called integrity. Have someone explain it to you

She helped get Trump elected. She must be somewhat smart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T
United States
flag msg tools
Drew1365 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Everything they're doing is backfiring. But they're so deep in the echo chamber they don't see it.

I can't think of a better description of the Trump Administration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Ferret

Dashi did you seriously just confuse not having integrity with being stupid?

She's not stupid. She's not making mistakes. She's not an idiot. She's a liar and a propagandist and she's spreading false information intentionally.

The fact that you are still in non stop go team R mode as your own party lies to you like you're an idiot is just sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Ferret

Dashi did you seriously just confuse not having integrity with being stupid?

She's not stupid. She's not making mistakes. She's not an idiot. She's a liar and a propagandist and she's spreading false information intentionally.

The fact that you are still in non stop go team R mode as your own party lies to you like you're an idiot is just sad.

No...

CNN doesnt want to have her on. Fine, whatever. Maybe they should have her on so they can learn how to win for Chelsea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:

Ferret

It's posts like this that confirm for me that the propaganda of the Trump administration is working as intended. I'm presuming that you aren't stupid and that you know you're being lied to by Trump/Conway/Spicer. But you don't care. You know those lies aren't for you. They're just fighting fire with fire, right? Lying to the liars.

Everyone lies, right? It's just part of the game. It's the same on all sides.

But the problem is that it isn't the same on all sides. Spin has always existed in the political realm. But spin implies that we at least all agree on the same set of facts. We just interpret those facts differently.

This is not what we are seeing. We are seeing a wholesale denial of any one set of facts. We have ours, you have yours.

So, you're free to believe whatever you please. There's nothing out there you can trust so you ignore the content and follow the tone. This allows Trump's propagandists to deny anything. To assert anything. It allows people like you to smile knowingly when they do so. They're just playing the game.

I hope you wake up before it's too late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
CNN will happily interview butchers like Bashar al Assad, Ahmadinejad, or Saddam Hussein, but Kellyanne Conway?

That's going too far!!!

They all had more integrity it would seem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
CNN will happily interview butchers like Bashar al Assad, Ahmadinejad, or Saddam Hussein, but Kellyanne Conway?

That's going too far!!!

It's pretty amazing when someone has such a reputation as a liar that they are rejected.

I guess the bowling green massacre was the final straw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

That's going too far!!!

See, now you are being ridiculous. Kellyanne Conway may be a loyal yes-woman to the point of undermining her own ethics, but she hasn't personally ordered the deaths of thousands of innocent people. Her rhetoric is nowhere near the comical levels of Ahmadinejad. Heck, she has a ways to go before she even gets to Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf levels of misinformation.

I get that you might be being flippant, but this is what conservatives have been complaining about from liberals for awhile. My take is she is a spokesperson for one of the more inept "control the message" strategies we've seen in a long time. I don't think she should be shunned for it, she should be called on the carpet for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
It's pretty amazing when someone has such a reputation as a liar that they are rejected.

Or they are throwing petulant tantrums because Trump is mean to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Drew1365 wrote:

That's going too far!!!

How about that "Benghazi Bluto" Congressional buffoons assortment with their what again was pertinent then and yet not anymore? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

That's going too far!!!

See, now you are being ridiculous. Kellyanne Conway may be a loyal yes-woman to the point of undermining her own ethics, but she hasn't personally ordered the deaths of thousands of innocent people. Her rhetoric is nowhere near the comical levels of Ahmadinejad. Heck, she has a ways to go before she even gets to Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf levels of misinformation.

I get that you might be being flippant, but this is what conservatives have been complaining about from liberals for awhile. My take is she is a spokesperson for one of the more inept "control the message" strategies we've seen in a long time. I don't think she should be shunned for it, she should be called on the carpet for it.

How exactly do you call her on the carpet when her response is to pivot and tell yet another massive lie?

Why should news media bring someone on who they know is only going to evade questions, lie, and use the interview to advance their own agenda?

Reporter: So kelly, what about "A"?
Kelly: You want to talk about "A", well what about "B"? Let me tell you massive lie "C" and then outrageous lie "D" about "B" to distract you.

Prior to refusing her they did become more confrontational. Her response was to more aggressively pivot, evade, and lie.

If a news station is going to give air time, the minimum they should expect are honest on topic straight answers to their questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

That's going too far!!!

The problem is that getting the message out is all that matters for the Trump admin. It doesn't matter if it is shot down immedietely. Once mouthed someone will pick it up and run with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Her rhetoric is nowhere near the comical levels of Ahmadinejad. Heck, she has a ways to go before she even gets to Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf levels of misinformation.

I agree that it's not quite as comical but it's not for a lack of being outrageously contrary to the facts.

Quote:
I don't think she should be shunned for it, she should be called on the carpet for it.

Why? It's inconsequential to "call her out". What do you think that would change? Those who support the Trump administration would just think it was all a bunch of liberal media goons trying to trip her up and make her look bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

That's going too far!!!

well, yes

the value of an interview is not the moral quality of the person being interviewed, but how powerful they are (which makes questioning them more important), how honestly they answer questions, and how important it is that they be honest

Bashar al Assad is a terrible human being, but he's the leader of Syria for the moment and when CNN interviewed him, he lied quite a bit, but his lying represented the official position of the Syrian government, and that matters; when Bashar Al Assad lies about something he's telling you that Syria is going to treat that lie as truth, and that matters

Kellyanne Conway isn't powerful: she's just a flack for Trump with no portfolio and no official responsibility other than to bullshit the media constantly; there is no value in her interviews because she's just going to present the rosiest scenario possible and completely ignore simple up-is-up level facts, and the administration walks back her lying constantly anyway

but hey, way to pretend you're so mad about Muslims getting interviewed

good work there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

That's going too far!!!

Might have also been the fact that she managed two do it twice. She did the same thing with Cosmopolitan I believe. Which kind of sunk the "I just misspoke" excuse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Brickmaster wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Everything they're doing is backfiring. But they're so deep in the echo chamber they don't see it.

I can't think of a better description of the Trump Administration.

Yes . . . keep doing what you're doing.

You're guaranteeing him two terms!

Hey, everybody!!

Drew is concerned and is "warning" us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have relations with her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.