Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends» Forums » General

Subject: Awesome game,really loving it.Any new expansions coming out? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So far this is the best card dueling game I've ever played.We mostly play Deathmatch because my opponent likes it more,but I love both Deathmatch and High Form matches.

I've bought both expansions with the base game and they are all extremely fun and balanced so far.

I've noticed that Everfrost was released in 2014 and Nethervoid in 2015,yet no new expansion in 2017.Are there any plans for a new one soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Thomas
United States
Pella
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I talked to Vlaada in the CGE room at Gencon 2016 and asked him about future expansions. He explained that any additional factions are increasingly more difficult to playtest for balance against existing decks.

However, he also said that an app was in the works. He couldn't say if the app would ever see wide release, but that when it was finished, it would allow him to playtest much more efficiently. He explained that he did have a lot of ideas for future decks, but design would essentially be put on hold until the app was finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, I'm glad that there are plans for upcoming expansions.I also love the fact that he weights playtesting this much,because balance is the most crucial aspect for me in these type of games.

Let's hope the app will be finished soon, so that the new expansions get going

And to be honest,this would make an amazing app game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
hitaltkey wrote:
I talked to Vlaada in the CGE room at Gencon 2016 and asked him about future expansions. He explained that any additional factions are increasingly more difficult to playtest for balance against existing decks.

However, he also said that an app was in the works. He couldn't say if the app would ever see wide release, but that when it was finished, it would allow him to playtest much more efficiently. He explained that he did have a lot of ideas for future decks, but design would essentially be put on hold until the app was finished.

That's why I love Vlaada.
Balance first and foremost. Not just more decks and more decks and more decks to make more money, a bit like L99 is doing with BattleCon or whatever else they touch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkFlame92 wrote:
So far this is the best card dueling game I've ever played.We mostly play Deathmatch because my opponent likes it more,but I love both Deathmatch and High Form matches.

I've bought both expansions with the base game and they are all extremely fun and balanced so far.

I've noticed that Everfrost was released in 2014 and Nethervoid in 2015,yet no new expansion in 2017.Are there any plans for a new one soon?

Glad you're enjoying the game! In case you're not aware of it yet, you can play it online at BoardGameArena, which is free (and with permission, as far as I understand!) The only downside there is that the Nevervoid deck isn't implemented yet, but otherwise it's a fantastic way to play the game. Hope to see you on there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dorward
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really great to hear there's an app in development. While I really like playing at BGA, the absence of Nethervoid and drafting, and a few minor glitches, are disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hitaltkey wrote:

I was just going to ask if there might be an app version. Would be an instant buy for me!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's some new info.

In this thread (about Adrenaline), Paul Grogan links to this page with info about the upcoming AireCon. The bottom of the CGE list of games has this:

"Tash Kalar expansion - the third expansion will bring new tactics to the arena of Tash-Kalar"

So apparently an expansion is, indeed, in the works!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So for anyone who was at Airecon and tested the new Tash-Kalar expansion this weekend... any reports? What's the new faction like? Does it offer any interesting new mechanics (like the Gateway, or frozen abilities)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
So for anyone who was at Airecon and tested the new Tash-Kalar expansion this weekend... any reports? What's the new faction like? Does it offer any interesting new mechanics (like the Gateway, or frozen abilities)?

Well I wasn't there, but I can answer that question. (I played it the week before.)

Yes, it does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
nbread wrote:

Well I wasn't there, but I can answer that question. (I played it the week before.)

Yes, it does.

Well, I was hoping for some more detail than that. But if you're bound by an NDA of some sort, I understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I guess I could answer one more yes-or-no question about the gameplay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is it just a new deck expansion like Nethervoid? Or does it introduce anything new other than a new deck(new legendaries,new rules etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkFlame92 wrote:
Is it just a new deck expansion like Nethervoid? Or does it introduce anything new other than a new deck(new legendaries,new rules etc)

First question: yes.
Second question: the future is unclear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone looked at the CGE Facebook wall recently? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LordSun
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:

Went and look at it, didn't see anything, what's up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raiden00 wrote:
TDaver wrote:

Went and look at it, didn't see anything, what's up?

David and Vlaada are playtesting a new faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Wack
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple it is then !

Congrats David, even if this is still in the works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Γοργοπόδαρος
Greece
flag msg tools
All that is gold does not glitter
badge
Not all those who wander are lost
mbmbmbmbmb
So Etherweave seems like the opposite of Everfrost. Cool idea, lets see how it works.

What I wish for next expansion is a complete redesign of 2vs2 High Form, maybe bigger map, maybe some flares only for team playing, new legendaries.

This arena theme based games have so much potential, and I think there are opportunities in this "untouched" area of 2vs2 team play, where only tichu managed to succeed.

Hope the designers will somehow go to this direction and let the arena shine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.