United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
publisher
Covert Spy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Renegade Companion App now includes Clank!
BY APP DEVELOPER, DIRE WOLF DIGITAL

San Diego, CA (Feb 7th, 2017) — Renegade Game Studios™ and Dire Wolf Digital are excited to announce that an update to the freely available Renegade Game Studios Companion App has added bonus game content for the hit game Clank! A Deck-Building Adventure.

Clank! fans who download the free Renegade Game Studios Companion App will enjoy "Mini-Quests" that add even more excitement and replayability to the game. An official solo play mode also allows individual players to enjoy the game on their own.

The app debuted in 2016 with flavorful companion support for the game FUSE, by adding a thematic 10-minute timer with a taunting voice-over to enhance the player's experience. While it is not required to enjoy the game, it does offer players a free upgrade to FUSE. The Clank! portion of the app is also a free, optional add-on.

"While the FUSE portion of the app creates a thematic atmosphere, the Clank! content is entirely new and can change the outcome of games" says Renegade President Scott Gaeta. "Clank!'s incredible popularity and expandable nature made it a natural choice for extra digital content within the Renegade Companion App. "

“Game night around the table with family and friends is a special experience,” says Dire Wolf Digital President Scott Martins. “One of the things we look for when we sit down to play is ‘How can we make it even better?’ Blending table top and digital gaming opens up amazing possibilities for game design and replayability, and we’re pretty excited to be exploring them with Clank!”

Dire Wolf Digital also created the acclaimed digital version of Lanterns: The Harvest Festival which is a separate, full game app available for iOS and Android.

You can find the Renegade Game Studios Companion App free for download here:

iOS - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/renegade-game-studios-compan...

Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.direwolfdi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I have already played 7 solo games using the app. LOVE IT!

My only quibble would be that the app doesn't stop my phone (android) from going to sleep, so I have to continually unlock my phone after drawing my hand and then playing my cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Mero
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first solo game yesterday. It's very interesting. I would like a FAQ section or perhaps a clarification button as some of the new elements were slightly unclear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Erickson
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
publisher
Covert Spy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
I played my first solo game yesterday. It's very interesting. I would like a FAQ section or perhaps a clarification button as some of the new elements were slightly unclear.

Feel free to post here. I'll track down answers for you!

Sara Erickson
Renegade Game Studios
@PlayRenegade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Imershein
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Questions for multi-player mode:

1. When should the "event buttons" for the Lieutenant be pressed?

A) Immediately, in the middle of the player's turn, as soon as the condition happens (e.g. 3 Gold is collected)

B) After all player actions / purchases are complete, but before cleanup and restocking the dragon card row

C) After cleanup and restocking the dragon card row (and resolving any dragon attacks), just before the next person's turn

We were mostly assuming "A", but it had a definite possible impact on the final turn of the game:

A player played a card that made him draw another card. Draw any cards was a Lieutenant event, so we pressed the button and it triggered "Draw 2 cubes from the dragon bag", which resulted in the final cube, "killing" (or forcing a rescue of) the character.

However, even before drawing that card, he had enough boot movement points to escape the castle, so we ruled that he could have chosen to move first, before drawing cards and still escaped. (But in the future, he should probably explicitly play the cards or apply their effects in the desired order or risk the possible immediate consequences from the Lieutenant.)

If instead, the Lieutenant events should only be triggered towards the end of each turn, it could affect which cards were or were not available to purchase.

2. Can the "event" buttons be triggered multiple times on a single player's turn?

A) Yes: Each event could happen multiple times, so if a player acquires 6 gold in a single turn, the 3 gold event button should be pressed twice.

B) Once each: Any particular event button can only happen once (3 or more gold), but if someone acquires 3 gold AND draws cards in the same turn, then both of those event buttons should be pressed.

C) No: If multiple event conditions happen on a single player's turn, only activate a button for the first event.

We were assuming "B" - each event type could only trigger once, but multiple different event types could be triggered in the same turn

Any thoughts or clarifications?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! Happy to be able to answer some questions for you.
chreotho wrote:
1. When should the "event buttons" for the Lieutenant be pressed?

A) Immediately, in the middle of the player's turn, as soon as the condition happens (e.g. 3 Gold is collected)

B) After all player actions / purchases are complete, but before cleanup and restocking the dragon card row

C) After cleanup and restocking the dragon card row (and resolving any dragon attacks), just before the next person's turn

Like the rest of Clank!'s ordering rules, the app is intended to be played fairly loosely, with the event taps coming at any point during the turn (so either A or B). For the purposes of strict adjudication like in the situation you describe, the "formal" answer is that the buttons should be tapped as soon as the events occur, and the current player can choose their actions and card plays with that in mind, but your decision to allow the player to use his boots even after the fact is certainly in line with the spirit of the game.

Quote:
2. Can the "event" buttons be triggered multiple times on a single player's turn?

A) Yes: Each event could happen multiple times, so if a player acquires 6 gold in a single turn, the 3 gold event button should be pressed twice.

B) Once each: Any particular event button can only happen once (3 or more gold), but if someone acquires 3 gold AND draws cards in the same turn, then both of those event buttons should be pressed.

C) No: If multiple event conditions happen on a single player's turn, only activate a button for the first event.

Any events that count your accumulation and uses the phrase "during your turn" (like gaining Gold or producing Skill) should only be activated once per turn - when the current player hits that threshold. Events that track specific discrete events (like taking a Secret or crossing the Depths line) should be activated as often as they actually occur. And multiple events can always be activated in a single turn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolaas Storme
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my questions for the solo play

In the set up the app tells you to put only one minor secret out on the board on each spot (ok) then it tells you to keep the major secrets and artifacts to the side. Does this mean you don't put any of them on the board?

How does the dungeon row work?
At the end of the turn do you slide the rest of the cards to the left or the right or just fill up the gaps?

A lot of quests ask you to clear the sixth ( or another number) card in the row.
What does clear mean? Do I buy it? So cards are kept in place?

A love clank and I think the app works and looks great, but like mentioned above it wouldn't harm to put out a faq or just a small rules segment within the app. How set up and some mechanics work in the app.

Thank you
Nikolaas Storme

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
biebeldebom wrote:
In the set up the app tells you to put only one minor secret out on the board on each spot (ok) then it tells you to keep the major secrets and artifacts to the side. Does this mean you don't put any of them on the board?

How does the dungeon row work?
At the end of the turn do you slide the rest of the cards to the left or the right or just fill up the gaps?

A lot of quests ask you to clear the sixth ( or another number) card in the row.
What does clear mean? Do I buy it? So cards are kept in place?

Only extra minor and major secrets are kept nearby. The artifacts should be placed as usual, except for the two the game instructs you to remove.

When refilling the Dungeon row, remaining cards should be left in their previous places and the spaces between them filled in with new cards from the deck.

Clearing a card means purchasing it (for a blue card or a Device) or defeating it (for a Monster).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Britany Speelman
msg tools
mbmb
For the solo mode it says to have an extra player cubes out; aside from the three we are to set out in set-up do we ever add anymore in the game? Are we suppose to match theirs to ours every turn or we just only need the first three?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
princess1031 wrote:
For the solo mode it says to have an extra player cubes out; aside from the three we are to set out in set-up do we ever add anymore in the game? Are we suppose to match theirs to ours every turn or we just only need the first three?

The app will instruct you to add more of those cubes (called Threat) at various points throughout the game, but it can happen more or less depending how your individual game plays out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Just a geek, nothing to see here, move along
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the awesome app. I played already 3 times.

In my last played, I encountered an "issue". I used the tactic of not generating any clank, healing, and I kept fulfilling the challenges. So, the dragon bag ended up empty and I wondered the dungeons with no pressure. When I decided to finish the game, with pretty much full health, I was over 270 points.

It seems to me that some ruling is needed when the bag is empty. It seems that it can happen in multiplayer too. I mentioned in another thread that it could be "taking 1 damage per attack" or "as much damage as cubes needed to be pulled from the bag (split among players still alive)". Or increase the difficulty of the app as more turns are getting played.

The first two plays I made the mistake of no adding major secrets because I misunderstood the instruction of "EXTRA minor and [EXTRA] major secrets are kept nearby". I realized when the app was requesting me to get a major secret as a challenge during the game.

The challenge that says "enter a crystal cave" would it be immediately accomplished if you are already in one?

I miss to be able to check previous scores. Did I miss that feature?

Thanks,
F

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flope wrote:
In my last played, I encountered an "issue". I used the tactic of not generating any clank, healing, and I kept fulfilling the challenges. So, the dragon bag ended up empty and I wondered the dungeons with no pressure. When I decided to finish the game, with pretty much full health, I was over 270 points.

This is certainly possible, but the odds should be very slim based on how the app produces events, as Threat can keep up the pressure even if you mitigate your own cubes. If it turns out to not be sufficient, changes are always possible.

The Crystal Cave quest requires moving into a new Cave - being in one when the quest arises is not enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Mero
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do wish the solo mode had more ways to lose than just dying underground. Perhaps a ticker that shows the AI's score increasing with each turn so the longer you're down there the harder it'll be to beat the AI or something. Or the AI starts snatching up artifacts.

EDIT: I guess the easiest solution would be that everything that gets discarded (starting artifacts, dungeon row cards on the AI's turn) gets scored at the end and you have to beat that score to win. Depending on balance you could also throw the remaining market items into the AI's score as well. What's nice about this alternative is that it's home brewable.

Edit: Tried it. End game was 161 (me) - 70 (AI).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
In solo, when red cubes are "added" are they added to the clank area or to the damage "track" area on the board directly? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Just a geek, nothing to see here, move along
mbmbmbmbmb
deekerston wrote:
In solo, when red cubes are "added" are they added to the clank area or to the damage "track" area on the board directly? Thanks!

As far I remember, the app will tell you if it is clank, damage or threat. If you have chosen red as your color, that is probably clank. The secondary color will be threat and I am convinced the app will tell you if it is damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Paul Obsines
Philippines
flag msg tools
I would like to have clarifications on this.

In a solo game, I think it was during the opponent's phase of discarding dungeon row cards, the app instructed that if any of the cards discarded costs 4 or more then do this. Does card costs only refer to skill cost or does it include sword cost?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alundra311 wrote:

In a solo game, I think it was during the opponent's phase of discarding dungeon row cards, the app instructed that if any of the cards discarded costs 4 or more then do this. Does card costs only refer to skill cost or does it include sword cost?

Thank you.

That refers to skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Paul Obsines
Philippines
flag msg tools
Wood4Sheep wrote:
alundra311 wrote:

Thank you.

That refers to skill.

Guess I played it right then. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Comori
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When the app says "generate 3 boots on your turn WITHIN 3 Turns" what does the within 3 turns actually refer too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
LuisC575 wrote:
When the app says "generate 3 boots on your turn WITHIN 3 Turns" what does the within 3 turns actually refer too?

If you did it on your next turn that would be within 1 turn.
If you did it on your turn after that it would be within 2 turns.
So you need to do it one of the next three times you draw cards and take a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.