Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals » Hot Deals - Europe

Subject: Fields of Arle £51.34 on Amazon UK (pre-order) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fields of Arle is currently available for £51.34 on Amazon UK.

Link here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PSL9K8E/?tag=article-...

Estimated delivery is 1-2 months.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karrde
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time I pre-ordered something on an awesome price but a while to wait on Amazon I never ever got it.

Talking to customer services after six months, they told me they couldn't find stock at that price and so couldn't fulfill my pre-order even though they were selling the same thing for a higher price.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Sarikov
Israel
Petah Tikva
Gush Daan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karrdedg wrote:
Last time I pre-ordered something on an awesome price but a while to wait on Amazon I never ever got it.

Talking to customer services after six months, they told me they couldn't find stock at that price and so couldn't fulfill my pre-order even though they were selling the same thing for a higher price.





it is not acceptable,
i would have force them to send it to me or to compensate for the time i waited(interest and deals iv lost during this time).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabriel wrote:
Karrdedg wrote:
Last time I pre-ordered something on an awesome price but a while to wait on Amazon I never ever got it.

Talking to customer services after six months, they told me they couldn't find stock at that price and so couldn't fulfill my pre-order even though they were selling the same thing for a higher price.





it is not acceptable,
i would have force them to send it to me or to compensate for the time i waited(interest and deals iv lost during this time).


It depends, if Amazon themselves are selling the item at an inflated price, then it's not. But quite often the ones at a higher price that are available end up being from another seller on Amazon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious: is this for the reprint?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this worth getting if I already have Caverna and Agricola??? I am intrigued about the game though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgames4K YouTube Channel
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Leet72 wrote:
Is this worth getting if I already have Caverna and Agricola??? I am intrigued about the game though.


No...Uwe's games are recycled.
My advice is to sell all his games and buy latest one (Odin) or keep what you have, which is what I did.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Turl
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
No longer taking pre-orders....I wonder if these get fulfilled. Good price if they do.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
szchifo wrote:
Leet72 wrote:
Is this worth getting if I already have Caverna and Agricola??? I am intrigued about the game though.


No...Uwe's games are recycled.
My advice is to sell all his games and buy latest one (Odin) or keep what you have, which is what I did.


Terrible advice, Arler Erde is not the same game as Agricola or Caverna, AE is an open, sandbox type of game as opposed to Agricola which guides one in a general direction with the occupations and minor improvement cards. EFfO might be an advancement of AE but they are in no way recyclable.

Arler Erde is a great game that we love more than Agricola as we like to figure out our own way to win etc.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgames4K YouTube Channel
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
wi1ky wrote:
szchifo wrote:
Leet72 wrote:
Is this worth getting if I already have Caverna and Agricola??? I am intrigued about the game though.


No...Uwe's games are recycled.
My advice is to sell all his games and buy latest one (Odin) or keep what you have, which is what I did.


Terrible advice, Arler Erde is not the same game as Agricola or Caverna, AE is an open, sandbox type of game as opposed to Agricola which guides one in a general direction with the occupations and minor improvement cards. EFfO might be an advancement of AE but they are in no way recyclable.

Arler Erde is a great game that we love more than Agricola as we like to figure out our own way to win etc.


Terrible advice...Especially as Uwes games are getting ridiculous price points. Why own all of them when it's a well known fact they all share similar mechanics.
Save your money and buy one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
szchifo wrote:
wi1ky wrote:
szchifo wrote:
Leet72 wrote:
Is this worth getting if I already have Caverna and Agricola??? I am intrigued about the game though.


No...Uwe's games are recycled.
My advice is to sell all his games and buy latest one (Odin) or keep what you have, which is what I did.


Terrible advice, Arler Erde is not the same game as Agricola or Caverna, AE is an open, sandbox type of game as opposed to Agricola which guides one in a general direction with the occupations and minor improvement cards. EFfO might be an advancement of AE but they are in no way recyclable.

Arler Erde is a great game that we love more than Agricola as we like to figure out our own way to win etc.


Terrible advice...Especially as Uwes games are getting ridiculous price points. Why own all of them when it's a well known fact they all share similar mechanics.
Save your money and buy one.


Well you never mentioned the price. The price of all of his games are pretty much stable here the last few years, of course you will pay more for English versions and also with Brexit I am sure companies are adjusting their prices. As for all of them sharing mechanics that is true of all Euro games. For me there is no correlation between Arler Erde / Agricola / Glass Road these 3 are different in enough ways that all are great. I can agree on not needing every new game when it comes to budget, I for one did not get Caverna as I have Agricola and passed on EFfO as I have Arler Erde.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
szchifo wrote:

Save your money and buy one.

I went for the cheapest - Patchwork
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mouldybanana wrote:
szchifo wrote:

Save your money and buy one.

I went for the cheapest - Patchwork


Oh yeah, that's SOOO similar...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.