Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I read that they redesigned the cards so they were no longer needed (or at least different). But, they are still offered in the pledge manager (at least they look the same as the ones shown in KS).

Did I miss an update? Any news or confirmation on what's going on with the stats clips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now you have me confused Tony!wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Liouville
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
They have changed them so that you don't clip them into the player boards but just lay them on top. This means that they are now very easy to swap from one character to another.

So you can more easily get away with fewer clips.

However you might still want to get extras. If for example you are looking to run tournaments, the core box doesn't have enough clips to play with all the units at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim
Belgium
Bissegem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming they just re-used the old images since they don't have pictures of the new ones yet (maybe because they're still designing them?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See update 117 for update I saw on stats clips:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battle...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's all very confusing.

Originally they were $5 for 10 for each of the four main colors (or $3 for 5 Titan).

Then the updated said you could buy 15 brown for $5, or a 45 varius colored for $15.

But, in the pledge manager it shows $5 for 15 of each color (or $3 for 10 Titan).

If someone from the company can please respond to what's going on, it would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo
msg tools
mbmb
I think Leo will have a live stream tomorrow. Wait for it to find out more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the waffling ever stop from them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like waffles.

I also think I may wait a week or two to let the waffles finish cooking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm still confused as to how many stat clips you need in the game. I have the typhon bundle so is that going to be enough for a 2 v 2 game?

What if I want to extend the game to 5-6 or is it really not recommended?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HarryCanyon wrote:
I'm still confused as to how many stat clips you need in the game. I have the typhon bundle so is that going to be enough for a 2 v 2 game?

I think the biggest issue here would be lack of Art of War cards and Oompa Loompas (or whatever they're called). But those can be bought seperately in an extension pack.

From what I gather, most units should come with a generic stat clip so I honestly wouldn't worry too much about running out of them. There's already 14 confirmed stat clips in the base box and I've never seen a draft game where any one player had more than 5 "units". If every stretch goal dashboard comes with a clip, I wouldn't worry at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Woods
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
All I make is junk.
badge
The Great Mysterio!
mbmbmbmbmb
HarryCanyon wrote:

If you want to play with 6 players you're going to want to grab one or two of those "Extension Kits" in anticipation for some official or homebrew rules that use them (that's what they were offered for). I think they may be the only thing not in the Typhon bundle. I tried to ask on the stream today for confirmation, but sadly Leo did not pick my question.

As far as if you'll have enough stat clips - oh Gods yes. You'll have a surplus with that Typhon bundle. This question DID get asked today on the stream and was confirmed.

Every unit (of every type) comes with one brown stat clip. You'll be swimming in them. That you'll have some fancy-colored ones as well is just icing on the cake. Unless you make a bunch of custom rules you aren't likely to even run out of the fancy-colored ones.

And Leo showed the new stat clips today. They still look like they fit into the dashboard in a sense, but they are easily removed and changed to a different dashboard. He demonstrated this several times for clarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.