Popular Tags: [View All]
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is available in German. French. Dutch. All DIFFERENT prints, but there's no English edition anywhere.

What is happening?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear ya. Im quite antsy on the US/English release. Have been checking everyday since last month, and still nothing. Considering how long this was delayed for, we might still be in for a wait.
ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loud
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard postponed to second week of March , but if someone knows please confirm , no idea about this delay ... I am curious too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, highly annoying. I asked on the FFG Facebook page in December and they said January.. I asked again a couple weeks ago and no response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hargis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been on preorder since November....need this!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to know too.

I speculated elsewhere that it might be waiting on FFG reprinting the base game, since that's currently "Out of Stock" at FFG...?
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/letters-from-...

Or could it be related to something I recall someone posted about a non-English edition (but can't find a link for now!)...
I think it was basically that some of the cards in the expansion are being held back as promos, but the rules describe there being more cards than are included in the box? Or was that only for some non-English edition(s)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:
I'd love to know too.

I speculated elsewhere that it might be waiting on FFG reprinting the base game, since that's currently "Out of Stock" at FFG...?
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/letters-from-...

Or could it be related to something I recall someone posted about a non-English edition (but can't find a link for now!)...
I think it was basically that some of the cards in the expansion are being held back as promos, but the rules describe there being more cards than are included in the box? Or was that only for some non-English edition(s)?

Fantasy Flight generally does not do promos, I would find this weird. Asmodee does have some games with promos, but even that is quite rare. And for an expansion this is even less likely.

It's a shame if they will actually chop stuff out from the game for promos though and make them difficult to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the full thread about cards being held back as promos... it was in the Rules section.

And the relevant post...
Re: Rules/Content issue
The Real Oivalf wrote:
I've talked to the designers and it seams that we are all wrong!

Apparently the distributor decided that the cards marked level 4 had to be promos for fairs and similar events, so in the box you will only find the levels 1 to 3.

If you find somewhere the promos, well... you're lucky!

But the game isn't broke and works perfectly without!

According to people on that thread, it applies to at least the Polish + Italian editions, but obviously we don't know about English edition yet as it hasn't turned up anywhere as far as I'm aware.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that is just. Bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
When FFG announced the Dear Boss expansion they indicated it would be released in the fourth quarter of 2016. Per the FFG upcoming page, Dear Boss has been on the boat for over four months now (where they indicate the duration of being on the boat typically takes 4-6 weeks). Clearly something has gone wrong with the release. While I understand that stuff happens, I find it very poor customer relations for FFG not to give a new estimated release date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Viper V
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CSI updated their date to be 3/2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Snider
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
andycsun124 wrote:
CSI updated their date to be 3/2...

Yep, it's finally off the boat and listed as, "Shipping Now (US Release Date: 3/2/2017)," on FFG's Upcoming page. That's good news for my Cardhaus order that has been sitting since Black Friday! Better late than never I guess, haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Birdwise
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my copy after waiting for many months!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today (12Apr17) in Scotland.

All cards, including the level four "promos" are present, so there should be a total of 42 (the meaning of life etc...) in Jack's universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.