Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My awesome wife gave me MoV for Christmas, and we are both enjoying exploring the Classic version (4 games so far). Two movement questions:

1. I end my turn on a hazard. Do I have to pay the penalty when I leave the hazard at the beginning of my next turn? What if I do not have enough money to pay the penalty - am I stuck there forever? We have agreed that you do not pay the penalty if you start your turn o a hazard.
2. I end my turn on one of the spaces with the switches that determine you direction by the die you selected (I spologize for not remebering the terminology). At the beginning of my next turn, do I select a direction? If I do not roll a die that allows me to go in that direction, do I have to remain on that space (as I would if I moved onto the space in the middle of my turn and my selected die would send me back from whence I had come? We have agreed that if you start on uch a space, you do not decide your direction until you roll your dice.

I appreciate any guidance the experts here can provide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:
1. I end my turn on a hazard. Do I have to pay the penalty when I leave the hazard at the beginning of my next turn? What if I do not have enough money to pay the penalty - am I stuck there forever? We have agreed that you do not pay the penalty if you start your turn o a hazard.

No, if you start on a hazard, you don't pay to leave. You only have to pay to continue without stopping when passing over one.

Quote:
2. I end my turn on one of the spaces with the switches that determine you direction by the die you selected (I spologize for not remebering the terminology). At the beginning of my next turn, do I select a direction? If I do not roll a die that allows me to go in that direction, do I have to remain on that space (as I would if I moved onto the space in the middle of my turn and my selected die would send me back from whence I had come? We have agreed that if you start on uch a space, you do not decide your direction until you roll your dice.

If you start on a navigation circle, you must choose an intended direction, and if you roll a matching die you MUST move that direction. However, if you don't roll a matching die, you aren't stuck; you can just choose any of the dice you do roll and go that way instead. IE, you are only bound to move the chosen direction if you are able to. Basically, when you start your turn, you must always declare which way you want to go before rolling the dice; it's just that with navigation circles you have an exception for cases where you can't go the chosen way.

If you pass through a navigation circle mid-turn, you can choose any available die. If the die you choose would send you back the way you came, that's legal, but since you can't backtrack, your movement would end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.