Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Miniatures in the USA? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone in the USA gotten their miniatures? If not, is there a timeline for release? I read somewhere that the minis were in a separate shipment from the main game, but cannot find any more information or remember where I saw that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Horner
msg tools
I got my miniatures last week, but haven't even received a shipping notification for my actual game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrific! Where are you? Perhaps we can get together and play the actual game? Note that I am unavailable next Tuesday...whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, what? I received my shipment yesterday. I haven't opened it yet, because I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it (situations change since the kickstater). The outer carton the box was packaged in says, "Gloomhaven Kickstarter Version with Minis." Are you telling me my minis may not be in there? Did I miss something?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
he is talking about backers that got the standee version + the miniature box. (where sometimes the miniature box is send out seperately)

if you have the miniature version, your miniatures are in the box.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rogue148 wrote:
Wait, what? I received my shipment yesterday. I haven't opened it yet, because I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it (situations change since the kickstater). The outer carton the box was packaged in says, "Gloomhaven Kickstarter Version with Minis." Are you telling me my minis may not be in there? Did I miss something?
My box said the same thing and had no minis. There was also a "1-2" note written on the box in "magic marker".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mine all came in the box
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My minis came several days before the main box. I got the minis+standees version (and am satisfied with the choice, as the standees are quite nice).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Horner
msg tools
martimer wrote:
Terrific! Where are you? Perhaps we can get together and play the actual game? Note that I am unavailable next Tuesday...whistle
I'm in a suburb of Chicago
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martin
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
martimer wrote:
rogue148 wrote:
Wait, what? I received my shipment yesterday. I haven't opened it yet, because I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it (situations change since the kickstater). The outer carton the box was packaged in says, "Gloomhaven Kickstarter Version with Minis." Are you telling me my minis may not be in there? Did I miss something?
My box said the same thing and had no minis. There was also a "1-2" note written on the box in "magic marker".


Hi Martin, it may not be obvious, but the minis are in the small boxes in the base of the insert beside the large envelopes of the characters. Each box has a symbol that matches the envelope and contains the mini for that character.

Was your package incomplete and that section of the insert was empty? I just want to make sure you aren't missing something by thinking you aren't supposed to open those boxes (but only for the characters you have access too!). My roommate is still dying to open the 1 of 2/2 of 2 dude, but I won't let him until we unlock that guy.
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hi Martin, it may not be obvious, but the minis are in the small boxes in the base of the insert beside the large envelopes of the characters. Each box has a symbol that matches the envelope and contains the mini for that character.


Isnt that true for just the minis only version? All the comments I have seen seem to suggest for the standee version that the minis come in a separate box which in most instances seem to be shipped separately too.
My copy is still in Germany but my pre-shipping confirmation email shows two lines namely the KS Standee Box and a Minis box.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martin
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
belborough wrote:
Quote:
Hi Martin, it may not be obvious, but the minis are in the small boxes in the base of the insert beside the large envelopes of the characters. Each box has a symbol that matches the envelope and contains the mini for that character.


Isnt that true for just the minis only version? All the comments I have seen seem to suggest for the standee version that the minis come in a separate box which in most instances seem to be shipped separately too.
My copy is still in Germany but my pre-shipping confirmation email shows two lines namely the KS Standee Box and a Minis box.


I thought he said he had the minis version. That's the only version I really know anything about.

I am actually interested in how the standees version is packed. Is the space in the insert just empty for them or is the insert designed differently?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The space is just empty.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chickenpants wrote:
Hi Martin, it may not be obvious, but the minis are in the small boxes in the base of the insert beside the large envelopes of the characters. Each box has a symbol that matches the envelope and contains the mini for that character.

Was your package incomplete and that section of the insert was empty? I just want to make sure you aren't missing something by thinking you aren't supposed to open those boxes (but only for the characters you have access too!). My roommate is still dying to open the 1 of 2/2 of 2 dude, but I won't let him until we unlock that guy.
Ooooooh, the light of understanding has just dimly illuminated above my head!!! Thanks, the minis are in the little boxes inside the big box! I probably would have figured that out had I not waited for this minis to arrive before reading the rules...I hope.

Thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.