3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Dungeons & Dragons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Santos
msg tools
Hey All,
I am looking to purchase only one of the D&D board games. Ravenloft doesn't appeal to me but I am trying to decide on one of the other three. I like the themes of the other three. I am also familiar with the Drizzt history. I will probably only play solo with 2 or 3 heroes if that matters.

Is there much or any difference in the actual gameplay?

I am also big on the visual appeal. Which has the coolest tiles & best looking miniatures?

What about level of difficulty, is there one way harder than the others?

Any other major differences?

I apologize if this has been asked a million times, I just want to get one the games and I am trying to get as much info as possible to make the best choice.

Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
solod

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
I like all sets for different reasons but I'd go with Temple of Elemental Evil. It has a legit campaign system which the others do not. The new trap mechanic works better than the systems IMO. Wrath of Ashardalon has the most classic D&D feel and the best variety of monsters. If the miniatures themeselves are a big draw than you lift want this set. The Red Dragon and Beholder miniatures are great.

Legend of Drizzt is the easiest of the the four while Raveloft is the hardest in my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ravenloft is the hardest.
temple of elemental evil has an actual campaign/ scenarios played in order.
drizzt has the most gameplay options (cooperative and competitive)
drizzt has the most unique/visually appealing tile artwork.
best miniatures is subjective based on what kind of d&d heros/monsters you like- quality wise they are pretty much the same.
temple of elemental evil does have a different manufacturer (wizkids) than the other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.