Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Murphy
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
So when you level up your class, you gain access to 2 more ability cards.

I was listening to brawling bros and they were talking about needing to choose one of those each level, then permanently losing the other.

Is that correct, or do both cards go into your available pool each time you level up?

Edit: A link below provided the answer:

But you are right, when you level up, you add 1 card to your pool. My character is level 4 and I have
all my level 1 cards
all my level x cards
one level 2 card
one level 3 card
one level 4 card

Out of these, I choose 11 to take with me (Cragheart)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince R.
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you select one to add to your pool, but that one card can be the same as your new level or less. So when you get to level 2, you take one level 2. At level 3 you can take either one level 3 or the other level 2 and so on.

When you go into a scenario you may still only take a number of cards up to the limit of your character's card limit, you just get to select from a larger pool of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vince is correct. See this recent thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vohdre
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
The rulebook posted here doesn't seem to specify only taking one card, but the nice quick reference someone made is very specific - you choose 1 card <= character level and add to your pool.

I'm assuming this was clarified somewhere that the latter is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook page 44

"When a character reaches a new level, add a new card to their active card pool. The card selected must be from the character's class and have a card level equal to or less than the character's new level."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vohdre
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Hahma wrote:
Rulebook page 44

"When a character reaches a new level, add a new card to their active card pool. The card selected must be from the character's class and have a card level equal to or less than the character's new level."

Thank you. There are 2 other instances in the book which just state:

"As characters level up, higher level ability cards will also become available. Even though players have access to more cards, the maximum number of cards they can take into battle (hand limit) remains the same. Therefore, at the beginning of a scenario, players must select a number of cards from the character’s available card pool equal to the character’s hand limit."

I just couldn't find the right entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.