Popular Tags: [View All]
M D
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Layout: I used the predator mat and Predator 2 movie objectives, I used the sidekicks, SHIELD officers, and a bystander deck from the marvel game. I used the strike deck and the avatar CIA agent from the predator game. I used the LA location as New York. I also added a drone and a facehugger from the aliens game into each mini deck for the story line. Lastly, I used the marvel starter set.

Characters: I used Labert, Harrigan and Steve Rodgers director of shield.

Scenario: On the streets of New York the gangs are heating up. Things are getting bloodier then ever before. Detectives Harrigan and Lambert are on the case. Too many gangsters are turning up dead missing parts, or their chests exploded. As things are heating up they get some backup from SHIELD. Steve Rogers newly appointed director of SHIELD is here to help.

Play through: In the streets of New York The gangs are getting bold and action is needed to be taken. Detectives Labert and Harrigan are preparing an assault of a known gang stronghold. Just before they can get organized Steve Rodgers pulls up with some SHIELD support. " It headed into this building we need to stop him here before it can move again." Steve says as he get out of the vehicle. "Can we help you? This is a know gang stronghold this is our bust not SHIELDs!" yells Lambert. "I'm not here for any gangsters there is something in there with them, we need to get in there now together would be best but alone if I must." Steve replies. "Let's not make this a big deal, lets just get in there together and you can get your something and we can clear our the gang." Harrigan adds. The detectives along with the SHIELD agent strap on their vests and lead the way around the building toward the back enterance; Rodgers maintaining the rear. Before they could reach the end of the alleyway a few gangsters turn the corn and spot them. "Well this isn't going to an easy day it looks like." says Lambert.

The gangsters open fire hitting detectives and the agent. Luckily they were all wearing their vests so only minor injuries. Before they can take out the two at the end of the alley something falls down between some trash cans next to them from the fire escape. "There is something on the fire escape!" yells the agent. With out looking the detectives open fire killing the Xenomorph on the escape while taking a few more hits from the gangsters. The agent goes to help but just then a face huggers jumps out from between the trash cans. "JESUS, what the hell is that thing!" yells Labert. Steve smashes it away with his shield and the agent shoots its into a mess. Lambert takes out the two gangsters as Harrigan notices the face hugger is starting the melt through the street and the creature in the fire escape is melting its way down into the street. "I'm getting to old for this." Harrigan states.

As they make their way into the rear of the building Harrigan see's some weird glowing green stuff around the the door next to another gangsters body. " This isn't going to be easy with out backup they have barricaded all eight floors of this building." adds Harrigan. Each floor is a struggle everyone taking hits but nothing serious. As they make their way slowly up the building floor by floor they can hear more fighting in the floors above them. Something else is going on here. Harrigan finds some very strange weapons. Every few floors what feels like a trap set by someone; one of those acid blood creatures or one of those face hugger things jumps out at them.

As they are nearing the top floors they hear people yelling about some ghost killing people. Back up finally arrives to secure the floors below. Just then what can only be described as a ghost with glowing eyes flys past them. Only it's not friendly it slashes and shoots at them with invisible weapons. "That's our thing," Rodgers says. They see its making it's way up to the roof. As they make their way onto the roof they see there is a spaceship on the roof. Suddenly the ghost reveals itself in front of them knocking Lambert off to the side. "That is one big ugly, mother..." Harrigan is saying before Rodgers cuts him off "Language!" Rodgers adds " I'll charge him you cover me." Harrigan agrees. As Rodgers bashes and fights the predator off, Harrigan jumps out next to him and unloads every gun he has dropping the predator at their feet.

" I need to take this thing to Avengers tower, can you guys handle the gangsters?" Rodgers asks. "We got them what about the spaceship?" Harrigan asks while helping Lambert up to his feet. Before Steve can answer him they ship activates, the doors close on it as it spins around they see another predator in the cockpit and it flies off toward Avengers Tower. Steve grabs a communicator from his belt " Tony get ready something big and bad is coming your way get the avengers to assemble at the tower. I'm on my way."

Summary: This game took a while given the conditions needed for the first objective. Each player discards their top card and the attack has to match the recruit in order to clear the stronghold. Event cards add the amount of times you need to do this in order to clear objective. On top of that every time you fail you take a strike and you can only try once a turn. As a single player I would discard the top two cards and if the recruit matched the attack I would count that.

After drawing four event cards and findings all the objectives for the second objective, I started to try twice a turn. The only saving grace was Lambert's showboating healing cards. Showboat is a keyword effect that that can kick off multiple times per hand. I was near the end when I finally cleared the first objective. Shortly after that the final boss showed up. By this time I had Harrigan's rare card which doubles all your attack and ended the game with a few cards in the enemy deck to go.

Conclusion: I thought by going more random and and picking two characters from the predator box would balance it out which it did. If it wasn't for the Lambert heal cards showing up early I would have lost this game. The first objective did drag it out and gave me an advantage by the end of the game. Over all good game better mix then a few before.

Next Setup: The Predator is attacking the Avengers tower. He is bring a few captured aliens with him. This is going to be the trophies to beat all other trophies ever collected from earth. Last stand at Avengers tower as I take on the roll of the Predator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should only discard the top card. If it's fight your fine, if it's recruit try again next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M D
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With how Marvel has been over powering every game I didn't want to do anything to easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.