Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules/FAQ, you may choose not to perform part or all of your action, but you must perform any actions with negative consequences to you or your allies.

If a monster has Retaliate active, am I required to attack it if I have an attack card (and no other target) because the Retaliate effect is negative? Or can I just not attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't give you a definitive answer, but my interpretation is that you can choose not to attack because the 'negative' effect you mention is not on YOUR card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that is correct. It means actual negative effects printed on your card (like: All allies take 1 damage)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this was answered elsewhere but for some other "possible" negative effect - I don't remember which one. Negative means that the effect or ability is nominally detrimental to yourself or your allies. It does not mean that a typically advantageous or neutral ability might have a poor result due to the circumstances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So technically when you're choosing your Action Cards, you have the choice of:
*Top of one, bottom of the other, skipping any aspect of that action except for ones that are "negative" to you or any of your allies
*Vice-versa
*Swapping in a +2 attack (for the top) or 2 Move (for the bottom) for either or both of those options
*Doing nothing for one or both of those actions.

I could see a situation where if you attack and fail it would create a retaliate that could exhaust your character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I thought it was probably this way, but hadn't seen the question asked earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thomast8991 wrote:
*Top of one, bottom of the other
*Vice-versa
*Swapping in a +2 attack (for the top) or 2 Move (for the bottom) for either or both of those options
*Doing nothing with one or both of those actions.

I could see a situation where if you attack and fail it would create a retaliate that could exhaust your character.

Almost.

The tweek is that if you do one of the printed actions, you can additionally choose to skip any aspect of that action except for ones that are "negative" to you or any of your allies. (page 18, paragraph 5)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
thomast8991 wrote:
*Top of one, bottom of the other
*Vice-versa
*Doing nothing with one or both of those actions.

Almost.

The tweek is that if you do one of the printed actions, you can additionally choose to skip any aspect of that action except for ones that are "negative" to you or any of your allies. (page 18, paragraph 5)

Thanks. I amended my statement above with that info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.